Post match: Liverpool v Wolves (EPL 22/5/22 4pm)

What can we all do when UEFA’s FFP is not legally water-tight, not strict enough such that it gives CAS the chance to rule in favour of all the oil money clubs? What can we all do when the BPL’s “Fit and Proper” Test allows shady state corporations to treat the BPL as their fantasy league?

Let’s put it this way, the top priority of the UEFA and BPL’s top executives has never been the competitiveness of the leagues. It never have been so! Who cares if the BPL’s viewership drops when it becomes a one league team like Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga?

That particular problem is for the next set of BPL executives. This happens when the KPI of the current top executives do not align with the competitiveness of the leagues itself!

3 Likes

Great season for the team. However, this one hurts a little because Villa was 2 up and I really thought the title was ours to take as long as we fullfil our end of the bargain. We played ok today, and could’ve lost the match in a few occasions. The boys looked leggy today, and I don’t fault them one bit with the amount of games they’ve played the whole season.

One more final to go, and let’s bring the Big Ear home and celebrate on the 29th.

This was still a brilliant campaign, and with the Gaffer here for another 4 years there will be more titles to have

YNWA

6 Likes

Thiago son is good on the ball.

1 Like

Well a week os fairly good time for physio work etc so I’ll hold on hope unless he’s categorically ruled out

1 Like

Deserved win though a bit erratic at times in defence. Did more than enough overall however. That said another season with no league title. Far too many draws. Not good enough. Need to win the Champions League now.

1 Like

Super proud of this team, just gotta go one more time and it will be a massive party. Love ya fellas

Yeah, Drew too many games we ought to have won. The tottenham ones and the draws against the mid tables sting the most.

1 Like

Usual happy self I see

1 Like

Hopefully Thiago has something a jab will fix.

3 Likes

92 points. More than a fair number of United’s titles. We’re just up against a team that’s cheated their way to bigger points totals.

10 Likes

I think that’s harsh considering we’ve finished on 92 points. A slip up here or there is normal over the course of a season. No one is perfect all the time.

9 Likes

Another tremendous season.

Only 2 sides in world football capable of producing a season like we have with 90+ points, only 2 losses and we’re 1 of them…we’re the only 1 that’s done it to the rules of the game.

& We’re also 1 of 2 sides who’s season is still not over…the other side aren’t Man City and that makes me smile.

4 Likes

Can’t disagree with that! In addition, we need to revamp the CM group. AOC looks like a goner, Milner could be retiring, Thiago is injury prone at the worse times, Hendo is aging.

That leaves us with Fabinho, Keita, Jones and Elliott that can be reliably called upon in terms of fitness.

If Thiago becomes injured, our midfield goes from a top 5 midfield team in all the leagues to probably one that squeaks in a 4th or 5th place in our league.

1 Like

Yeah, but those draws (especially against Tottenham in Anfield with the refs etc) were the reason we’ve not got the league.

I’m not even adding Citeh’s referreing assists that they got w.r.t everton , arsenal into the play here

close but in the end we just miss out,

but you know what…

“I’m so glad that Jurgen is a red…”

9 Likes

That’s the competition though. Cheating or otherwise. No one cares about points total being more when United won a title. Paramount the club win the Champions League now.

2 Likes

Just imagine if that penalty at Everton had been given?

Hamstring.

2 Likes

A bit gutted…with it being so close. Not much else to say.

On to Paris!

4 Likes

As ive been saying for weeks on here, no point trying to pinpoint when we ‘lost’ the league. My focus is on how we clawed it back after being so far back in Jan; made every final; and might add the CL to our FA Cup and League Cup. These are the days to relish.

14 Likes