Post match: Liverpool v Wolves (EPL 22/5/22 4pm)

Gutted. Proud.

8 Likes

Then almost certainly not.

:frowning_face:

2 Likes

Or, if Liverpool had won one more game. End of the season and we get done by Villa starting their holidays 15 mins early.

2 Likes

As soon as I saw his face, I knew.

So here is hoping Fab is back, and we have a midfield of Fab, Henderson and Naby.

2 Likes

Rather eat my own shit than watch this cringe lot lift the Prem where’s that off button.

3 Likes

Gutted. Would have preferred Villa were twatted 5-0 in the first half than feel like this. I’m also disappointed Wolves didn’t roll over for us because surely everyone wanted us to win the league right Pep you cheating, doping cunt?

10 Likes

Well done to the team. We did what we could. We lost the league when we dropped 2 points in our draw with Brighton. Holding on to leads is our area for improvement next season as well as being flat track bullies against the other 17 teams.
Let’s now go get the treble! YNWA!

3 Likes

I didn’t realise that was the choice! Thankfully I had the pool final recording.

Just imagine if Jota penalty had been given against Spurs or the City penalty against Wolves hadn’t been.

Villa gave us hope but shitty snatched it away in 5 minutes, I can’t prove envelopes exchanged hands but I know it happened. :grinning:

It would have been enough to win the title in 24 of the 30 Premier League seasons. 25 if you consider that our title-winning side in 2019/20 could have won it with “only” 92 points as well.

6 Likes

To think 11 years ago I cheered these lot scoring a last min goal to deny Utd winning the league…makes me sick, fucking wish Utd had won that year now.

3 Likes

Thats just plain stupid not good enough.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t like to look back on where the title was lost but that Brighton game will haunt me.

3 Likes

We lost the league because one club (and soon another one) is allowed to cheat. Pure and simple. We can’t ask for perfection, we can’t lament a couple of draws or the two losses. 92 points won. No other club would come close to that under normal circumstances.

10 Likes

Fuck.off.

2 Likes

That Jota decision was one of the worst decisions I’ve seen in a long time.

The rationale was that Jota was too far away from the ball so it wasn’t a foul. By that logic, if the keeper cleared the ball, walked up to an opposing player in the box and struck him in the face, that’s not a foul and a penalty shouldn’t be given. I don’t recall anywhere in the laws of the game saying the position of the ball in play affected whether or not a foul should be called.

I used to think English officials were the best in Europe. But that certainly isn’t the case anymore.

7 Likes

So at least five definitive reasons we didn’t win the league.

Draw with Brighton
Not beating City
Tottenham referee
Everton penalty
Villa meltdown

The truth is it’s all of them and none of them. That’s the game of football. You might as well say ‘what if we lost an extra 30 games and had got relegated?’ because it has as much relevance on the outcome of the season as what if one of the above things had been different.

7 Likes

Year after year of ‘protectionism’ in football was always going to lead to this. The odds get more and more stacked in favour of the big (or monied) clubs. Just luckyLFC rejoined that group.

1 Like

Not really. We didn’t win the title. Too many draws despite City being fortunate. Brighton, Brentford, Leicester, Chelsea take your pick. We only needed 2 more points maximum.