Post match: Liverpool v Wolves (FAC 7/1/23 8pm)

Puff of the cheeks from Klopp when asked what he thought of the performance.

I agree Jurgen.

2 Likes

Clearly not, based on this chump.

but can he play for us this season?

Another disjointed performance from us, confidence is obviously low within the team, you cant expect much from Gakpo as he has only had 2 training sessions and needs a bit of time to adapt, but Doak what a little cameo from him, that boy has got talent and confidence, would like to see a bit more from him this season but feel this is unrealistic as he has only just turned 17

Fab looks tired he is now the midfield circle midfielder instead of box to box midfielder . Kieta is attacking creative midfielder if ( i seriously doubt it ) stays fit he will deliver but he is not the engine room player , thiago great sideway passes looks great but not effective . Salah would shine if we play balls behind defense but to do so we need to win the ball high in transition this not happening so basically he is a passenger most of the time . We have huge problems and klopp can say what he wants in pre and pist matches still its not working we are poor , devoid of ideas pathetic defending counters and no structure or discipline what the fuck was konate and matip doing running with ball losing it or fizzing a pass that needs two players to stop then wolves run at us what the fuck is this . This is not the klopp way and he needs to get a grip on this team

Iā€™m unsure on consistency of the current interpretation and what it actually is.

From a justice and fairness perspective Moā€™s should not have stood. Seen similar in other games and more seem to be given then not and I always hate it. Puts the defender in an impossible position.

Fabinho and Thiago are both first choices in our 3 man midfield. The issue with that is that neither of them can run.
I would only be starting 1 of the 2 of them from now on

As limited as we were btw, I thought the effort was far above what we saw against Brentford, which was abysmal. Grasping for positives, maybe, but worth noting.

2 Likes

I thought Naby was very good, all things considered. Very good in tight spaces and always looking for a progressive pass. Always feels like he can make things happen. Really hope he can stay fit.

4 Likes

Given the teams that started, we should have won, quite comfortably.

We were poor, again. Ugh.

The midfield wasnā€™t there. I would keep Henderson, but only in the Milner bit part role. I would keep Fabinho, and it is up to him if he finds his best form and starts, or becomes a rotation option. Beyond that I wouldnā€™t mind if Thiago is allowed to leave. I know this sounds like apostasy to some, and of course I can see he is good on the ball. But the midfield in the Prem needs more. He takes a bit too much time on the ball, and is of course injured a lot too. I would let him go, along with the contract expirations of Keita, Ox, Milner and Melo.

Gakpo was ok on his debut, feeling his way into it. No problems with him.

Nunez had a lovely finish.

Mo took his goal well, but after that looked greedy.

Thiago and then mostly Allison were at fault for their first goal. I canā€™t be arsed to keep going!

Not good at all, and a replay to boot, which is a punishment in our busy schedule for not getting it done today.

3 Likes

Thiago is very slow and rubbish atm!
Rubbish!
Just can not think of anything else to say after letting Wolves double their goals scored this season!

1 Like

Father Time is a cruel bastard.

2 Likes

So weā€™d need an entirely new midfield?

1 Like

In the last NL final against Spain Mbappe scored a goal in which he was in an offside position but played on by Garcia after he stretched to cut out a through ball and only got a toe on it. The furor over it made IFAB change the guidance on what ā€œdeliberateā€ means in terms of a defending making a deliberate play on the ball required to play an attacker on. As of this season, anything they are stretching to get to and fuck up the clearance as a result is not supposed to count.

Very similar to Griezemanā€™s disallowed equalizer against Poland (I think) in the world cup

4 Likes

Hendo canā€™t run either and he makes up for third midfielder.

Nunez sprinting back to cover in midfield while he jogs back.

Thanks for being a great captain but sorry, time to go.

By the looks of itā€¦

Over the next couple of years, yes.

1 Like

Luckily our schedule is very light until Feb, not too bothered with that and the way our players pick up injuries in training (or getting out of bed) it doesnā€™t much matter.

2 Likes

Team in transition with lots of good players still out. We had patches of control but wildly irratic after we went one down.
We are not playing well butā€¦we are liverpool. We will sort this

2 Likes

I thought that was the consensus!