Post match: Liverpool v Wolves (FAC 7/1/23 8pm)

It sounded immediate

Remember Diaz his debut, het hit the ground running, Gakpo was afraid to make mistakes that is always bad to begin with.

I would let Thiago go, along with the contract expirations for Keita, Ox, Milner and Melo.
Bring two midfielders in, ideally Bellingham and Caicedo.

Midfield options for next season would thus be:
Bellingham, Caicedo, Fabinho, Henderson, Bajcetic, Jones, Elliott, Carvalho, Morton.

Also, I get it, we might not class Carvalho as a midfielder, and to be fair, I think he looks better suited to a 4231, as does Elliott.

Edit:
Bellingham and Caicedo would allow us to get the best out of what is left of the old guard, while also giving some protection to allow the younger, inexperienced breed we have to come through.

In time I could easily see Bajcetic usurping Fabinho to start alongside Caicedo and Bellingham, judging on early showing.

Err isnā€™t that how a fair few players start their times at clubs?

How are we going to beat Real Madrid if we canā€™t beat Wolves reserves.

2 Likes

Monthsā€¦I thinkā€¦

1 Like

What I find frustrating is we continue to do stupid shit in stupid areas that is causing a lot of our problems. When youā€™re in a difficult situation, maybe dont try a dummy 10 yards outside your own box?

What I find concerning though is we look the antithesis of the mentality monsters. We started brightly. Had a good tempo, made some inroads, especially down the left, then dropped a bollock onthe matip situation and all of a sudden started being jittery. We are now a team that can be ā€œgot atā€. Remember Moā€™s never give up T shirt for the Barca second leg? We are just not that side anymore, and maybe part of the problem is too many players who were there for that win, the late come back against villa etc and dont appreciate they are kind on living off the things they did 3 years ago.

3 Likes

because thatā€™s the type of thing liverpool have always done tbf

summer window will be very interesting with OX, Naby, Milly all out of contract

Iā€™m not going to overstate it and say he was great, but it was ok.

He showed for the ball, linked up fine with Robbo, had an early shot off his left foot, and in the second half did a nice turn and dribble. He also started to put a couple of tackles in and show his strength a bit.

Lots more to come form him, hopefully. But it was ok.

1 Like

Until Naby came on he had nobody to link up with as our movement is poor and non one linking up play

1 Like

He was fine. The performance of a lad that only arrived a week ago is the least of our worries

4 Likes

Plus Bobby.

Today, against Brentford he was going backward when we needed a goal.

He was part of the comfortable set at 2-1. Very disappointed how some played and it seems to have carried on tonight.

1 Like

I agree Gakpo does not have the talent of Diaz or Nunez.

Compare hom to Fab, who did nothing defensively or in possession

Gakpo doesnā€™t have Diaz level quality, or even Nunez. I donā€™t think he has that extra bit to be a constant threat throughout games but heā€™s got enough to look neat and tidy and provide some moments of quality.

Expectations need to be tempered with him. Think he can be a decent player here but heā€™s not going to light the place up like Diaz did last season.

3 Likes

Sorry for having ago at Fab, but he goes before Thiago as he is offering us nothing, at least Thiago gets on the ball and makes tackles

2 Likes

When you find out who was offside it makes sense. It was almost impossible for him to be onside given where he ran from.

However, the fact there were no cameras to cover that is shocking. We donā€™t have that lack of coverage in the league or European Cup do we?

1 Like