Post match: Man City v Liverpool (EPL 1/4/23 12.30pm)

And to top it all…mester wilkored08 has bought a bloody puppy…

1 Like

I was disappointed in the second half collapse, not because it was unexpected but because it made City look a lot better than I think they are. Still think this “RB that turns into a CM in possession” is a pure gimmick from Guardiola - another ingenius innovation he can be credited with. I don’t really see what it gives them that just playing with a RB at RB wouldn’t.

1 Like

Oddly can’t go any lower than 7th and we would have games in hand over all of them it seems (bar Brighton). Really could do with a draw on Tuesday at least.

Unless FS have fucked up their table.

did i mention im having wings for breakfast??

2 Likes

The best thing about this was that in my run-in projection spread sheet I didnt have us getting anything out of this game anyway :see_no_evil:

Code for RedBull?

1 Like

Yep!!!

Right from the start with Gundo feeling the breeze from the stray fingertip of Fab. After rolling around to get the free kick, he then jumps up to use his captain privilege to berate the ref to give a card.

Gakpo in the second minute, gets pulled by two $hitty players while we are on a break. As he struggles his way through and keeps hold of the ball, scot free both $hitty players.

Notice the Rodri yellow and non yellow were both for breaking counter situations where they were out of shape with most forward and spaces in their defensive line. Shit happens week in week out.

As for us, that start to the second half was as shocking as the capitulation against Real in the first leg. Milner for Harvey for some nous is probably needed in midfield. Just needed not to keep getting drawn out of shape.

Speaking of Milner, $hitty fans booing a player that helped them achieve their first title in over 40 years.

1 Like

you cant press drop back , your right full back cant defend play 3 at the back . how bad is the arthur ? that even headless eliot is in front of him .
klopp persists with the same tactics same movement and he is been found out

Here we are again, another inept performance.

Like groundhog day.

Start decent, get a goal, get tired, forget how to pass, concede, give up.

Whole squad can fuck off

MOTM Ox…for stealing a living for 3 seasons

FUCK!! Picked wrong day to get drunk… 8:49am

2 Likes

This match showed us a lot of things.

One, Harvey Elliott is not a midfielder at this level. His ball control under pressure is not impressive. Passing range is very average with a below average vision for a midfielder who is supposed to be creating things in advanced positions.

Two, I have no idea what’s Henderson role as LCM is all about. Huffs and puffs and screams at people to no avail. Didn’t win a tackle, made one interception all game long. If we are gonna extend Milner’s contract for leadership, it is sure as fuck not working at all even with the main captain on the pitch.

Three, our depth at Midfield is shockingly bad. Curtis Jones and Fabio Carvalho couldn’t even make it to the squad at the expense of a clearly struggling Elliott, Arthur is just really not match-fit, AOC is not physically there anymore, Milner is 37 this year. Holy fuck.

Fourth, Salah looks to have lost his cool which says a lot on the atmosphere within the squad now.

Next season, it will be more of the same just that Keita’s medical team appearances will be replaced by a bosman Kante, Mason Mount ( being the cheaper alternative to Jude Bellingham) will be the new RCM with Elliott as back-up, Hendo to anchor LCM with Thiago making guest appearances now and then and Fabinho keeping his position with Morton and Bajectic as back up. Then some fans will tell you Klopp has been backed by FSG and if results doesn’t improve, Klopp’s position must be looked at.

I have a rule: No Red Bull before or after or at 10 pm.

They were nowhere near their best. Past Liverpool teams would have been out of sight by half time. This one though is a midtable team, by far Klopp’s worst.

3 Likes
  • Singing the Gerrard sing after about 20 mins
  • Responding to our claims of Rodri needing a second yellow with a loud rendition of “always the victims”
  • Booing an ex player who represented them with class and dignity and was a key part of them establishing themselves as an elite side, despite them spending the last 8 years claiming they got rid of him
2 Likes

Not great let’s be honest. This season the team just look washed. Still a number of games to play and top four hopefully still within reach. Need to step up.

2 Likes

mine is - no RedBull, period!

1 Like

I guess the joke got lost in translation

It further showed those things, Fab Hendo Harvey are just not good enough to play for this club unless our ambitions are going back to being a top 8 team. How many further examples does one need before they get the message?

1 Like

sorry - lost me.

1 Like