Post match: Man City v Liverpool (EPL 1/4/23 12.30pm)

Without Luiz Diaz there, Stones could come into midfield more often as Jota doesn’t carry the ball as well.

Said at HT that we needed to keep it level till the 60 minute subs. At 0-1 and then 1-1, keep shape, leave Salah on the last shoulder, and let $hitty pass the ball.

We’ve lost that nous. Notice that $hitty kept doing those 25 seconds throw ins to slow the game down, even at 1-1 before HT. When we got the wind behind us in the first half, those slow downs from $hitty just to break up any head of steam.

Glad I didn’t bother. I’ve no interest in anything City, even when we play them.

Spent my time repotting future bonsai trees (I hope). Far more peaceful and fulfilling.

3 Likes

The one cup we have not won jet … :sunglasses: :+1:

Well played … :+1:

1 Like

Oh well, at least I get to have a rage-fuelled workout

Even with the current frustrations regarding our current predicament, this is an absurd comment.

I should have followed your example. Couldn’t watch the first half, then came in for the start of the second, and promptly, the 2-1 went in. :see_no_evil: After the 3-1, I watched a while and then turned off. The atmosphere within the stadium was dull as fuck, and our lads were completely off their game. This season can’t end soon enough.

2 Likes

To replace all 3 will need a lot of money that FSG don’t have right now…

Following on from my earlier post:

Those same plastic cunts couldn’t answer my question about where they’d be without sportswashing money.

3 Likes

Coz red bull gives you wi…oh ok

Well, can you tell me any moment in the season that Elliott has created anything of significance against teams that has a midfield that presses us effectively?

we will need our own laundry service…

1 Like

True, I think Klopp will be given 60-70m plus whatever we can get from sales which is about 10-20m more than what he usually gets.

Use that to sign 3 midfielders, It’s a must.

jota gone i think

Is it? He regularly coughs up the ball under pressure. His forté is running forward with the ball in open spaces. He isn’t consistent with his passes afterwards. His back-to-defender ball shielding is poor, his pressing doesn’t seem planned, and as a result he’s caught upfield while the opponents are attacking regularly. He doesn’t have a notable howitzer of a shot. And when faced up by a rampaging opposing midfielder, they frequently breeze past him as in he isn’t even there.

1 Like

Maybe we can learn from this and start playing with a RB.
Goals 1, 2 and 4 ours was nowhere.
Probably goal 3 too, but didn’t see it.

2 Likes

My whole interest in football has been reduced to hoping these vile cunts (and Everton) get proper punishment for their clear cheating.
If they both get away with it I’ll be done.

10 Likes

Pretty much there with you on this one

1 Like

Sorry for lowing the tone Maria, but I hope they all get an STD off Kyle Walker and are unable to fulfill their fixtures for the remainder of the season.

This club has only made a profit of a few million pounds last season. And what sales are you talking about? Our most sellable asset right now in CM is probably Curtis Jones who cannot even make it in the squad ahead of Elliott and a loan signing in Arthur.

With a foreseeable lower future income, the base sum that you arrive at may not be that high.

1 Like