Post match: Napoli v Liverpool (UCL 7/9/22 8pm)

With pre season it’s not just feeling knackered you can start playing too early and I think this is the case here. I only hope that over the next few weeks they can sort gain some of that fitness a bit. If I was the club I’d ask if several could stay back and prepare themselves properly from the international break.

That does seem to be the case. But not sure how we can be physically knackered. They still had a break. Maybe came up with a new system/game plan that clearly hasn’t worked

1 Like

As long as there are lads like you throwing utter fucking nonsense about.

Last season we were brilliant. Looked a bit leggy towards the very end, but you don’t take City to the last 15minutes of the season and reach the European Cup final if you’re crap.

And let’s be straight. If you think this team should have had more players injected into in over the last few years, then you argument is primarily with Jurgen Klopp.

4 Likes

Diaz his replacement is nothing bet spirit and fight. Mané has nothing to do with our current slump.

1 Like

Can’t agree with that. Last season we said that finally we had a good squad that would enable us to compete on all fronts, and we have.
This can’t be the case all of a sudden, just because we are having an awful start.

I do agree that there are players in the squad that need to go (and I can’t think of any team that’s not the same concerning that) but other than that, not having a deep enough squad is not our fundamental issue here.

2 Likes

Thinking back didn’t City start back a week later than we did? Is it that we needed more of a break and was our pre-season too hard after such a short break? I suppose the issue here is that the early start to the season is an anomaly and our fitness coaches are in unknown territory and maybe got it wrong?

1 Like

Fair enough. Be nice to have seen them both until Mo rediscovers his mojo

Put Matip and Thiago in the team from the start and we will beat Wolves and that shite from Amsterdam with ease.

They also had about 2 games pre season. I really do think they started playing intense games too soon like the ones in Asia.

I know it has to be done at times but the club perhaps should have considered this was the last kind of season you want to head out there.

3 Likes

Now that, I agree with completely!

But again all I’m seeing is last season…I know we were brilliant last season, it’s come and gone now…we can’t keep falling back on it.

I’m talking about what I’ve seen in every game this season…this is not a squad that’s good enough to compete.

& like I say that’s down to a mixture of things, injuries for sure don’t help, losing reliable players like Mini Div and Mane don’t help, FSG not backing Klopp is the biggest for me…Klopp has even gone out his way to ask the owners for help because he saw what was coming.

We’re in for a long hard painful season.

1 Like

All four goals are embarrassing and really sad thing is the only one that you couldn’t stop was ours.

5 Likes

Agree, Mane missing had nothing to do with the way we are playing some said that Robbo and him had a good understanding, however Mane played his best footy last year as CF not left wide forward.

2 Likes

Or shite start has to do with all the players who we have been missing and who are still struggling to become match fit, that is the reason that we are struggling IMHO.

Klopp: “we have to reinvent ourselves”

It was a hugely shortened preseason due to the World Cup and the league starting early. I’ve seen a few articles and comments that suggested that we’d thrown a lot at pre-season trying to get through the work we would normally do but in a shorter period of time.

It far too basic to go ‘they’ve just had a holiday’ or ‘it’s only September’ or whatever.

We are clearly, and transparently, to anyone who is watching the game rationally, that our lads are fucking goosed.

There is also tactical stuff as well - I don’t know why Salah is now playing as a winger. I don’t understand why nobody is covering Trent and Robbo. But more than anything else I see tired players.

2 Likes

Well, his analysis is right, even if the tactics/selection didn’t make as much sense at the time.

1 Like

It doesn’t explain much about how bad VVD and Trent have been they are my main concern.

Midfield is certainly an issue with injuries.

Diaz MotM. Extremely worrying game and rather humiliating.
But I said what I wanted to say in the match thread.

Crossing fingers and toes for the rest of the season.

2 Likes

Klopp interview was interesting. Clearly fuming but wont throw the players under the bus…yet saying there needs to be a reinvention suggests to me hes going to be having a rather tense team meeting this week.

1 Like