Post match: Norwich v Liverpool (LC 21/09/21 7.45pm)

He’s from the Wirral. Used to play for Greenleas, same local team that Jay Spearing played for. Sean Wilson and Max Woltman (other u18 players) also played for the same team as Morton before signing for Liverpool. I broke my finger playing at their ground many moons ago.

Technically good midfielder, very neat and composed on the ball. Would be surprised if he made it here (not saying it’s impossible) but he should be a Championship player at the very least.

5 Likes

I became too enthusiastic :slight_smile: But you got my point, Tsimikas was a class above the rest imo.

Enjoyable match.

Thought Gomez was immense. Really assured performance.

Minamino bags again, and will wonder what he has to do to get a sniff in big team.

Origi showed he still has his use.

Ox had a bad first half, but became influential in the second.

Tsimikas is quietly giving Klopp a bit of a selection headache.

Another point to note is we’ve now conceded three in six, with a chopped and changed back four. Solid.

3 Likes

I think this game will do a world of good for Takumi and Origi. So, so, glad to see Curtis play well.

7 Likes

Yes. Neat and composed on the ball is right. What makes you think he won’t make it at LFC?

Wow! Farke fuming about the penalty taker!

Say what you like about The Ev, but they are fucking comical :slight_smile::+1:

3 Likes

Nothing in particular, I just don’t think he’s that close to the level that the likes of Sterling, Trent or Jones hit in the academy. The ones that make it usually stand out a mile, and whilst he’s a very good young player, I just don’t think he’s that good. Gordon is the one in the academy that’s head and shoulders above the rest at the moment for example.

1 Like

didnt watch the match but…

Konate and Gomez as our second CURRENT string centre backs …LOL…what a difference a (not even) year makes

1 Like
3 Likes

** Immediately heads to @Sweeting’s academy review thread to see what he said about Morton **

8 Likes

Let’s not forget to congratulate @Iftikhar for grasping the nettle and opening the thread nobody else wanted to open. The Kangaroo Cup is now all yours!

8 Likes

Shit, hope I said he’s boss.

7 Likes

I saw Keita kick the ground in the first half and his hand went up after doing that. Wasn’t sure if it was an apology for the resulting misplaced pass or he was (somehow) hurt when kicking the ground.

I hope it isn’t anything much, we need the depth with Thiago and Elliot out. I know @RER will be gutted if he isn’t available :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Think he doesn’t need to do that much more but keep this up, he’ll have his chances and his time in the starting lineup. Fairly certain we just wanted to let him fully recover from the injury first, and let him get his feet wet against easier opposition. Before we know it, he’ll be destroying City…

1 Like

Good win,decent game.Impressed with the kids,and like others…where did Morton come from,have seen the answer ,but he looks good,as Klopp said,I’m glad they are ours.
Kelleher is a great backup GK,and Tsimi looks a pretty decent prospect.
Minamino a good outing and of course a brace helps anyones confidence.There is a decent player in there.

1 Like

One of these is a carabao. One is not.

Good run out for building depth. Brilliant of the travelling fans to get the Suarez song going, likely produced PTSD in some Norwich fans.

1 Like

Taki’s second goal was fantastic.

There was a lot of talk over the summer about the we should have brought in a seventh forward. It can’t be stressed enough how important it is for our fifth and sixth choice forwards to be confident and firing on all cylinders.

If all six are scoring goals during the season, we will win the title.

2 Likes

Plenty of credits to give in this match.

Firstly, the youths. Gordon and Bradley came in and showed they can play. Even if their inexperience at the top level showed, what they showed is that they are willing to play themselves into the match, making themselves relevant, not afraid to take the ball and do stuff with it. And then Morton who just came in at half time look so composed and distributed the ball with ease. Morton is someone who seem like a calm customer and does not panic when pressure is put on him by the opponents.

Secondly, the CB pairing. First possible look of our future first choice CB pairing in a few years time. Konate did show alot more composure and dominance compared to his first match and it bodes well. Gomez looks pretty good too adding more minutes to his return. But all in all, while still not at the level of VVD and Matip has, they are certainly more than showed themselves to be able deputies in the first team anytime.

Thirdly, Curtis Jones. Still only 20 himself but he looks like a prime example to the youths who they can be if they continue their development under Klopp and coaches. I have always liked Curtis, the way I like Elliot, is that being young did not put them off from being demanding for the way, taking on responsibilities in key areas of the field. Hopefully he continues to stay fit and play more.

Lastly, Origi and Taki. 2 players who have split opinions amongst fans. But Taki certainly deserves the MOTM for me and hopefully he can play a bigger role in cup games and coming off the bench. Origi has looked very good this season whenever he played. Its almost like he found new motivation. His movements are no longer irrelevant and does not look lethargic. He is making good runs and good usage of the ball. I do not want to be selfish and insist on keeping him as our 5th and 6th choices but if they continue this way, it would be hard to see us keeping him because there will be clubs who will be interested to take them on.

4 Likes

I think Origi needs a congratulations after his game today, along with Taki. Impressed with both.

Gordon was ok, a couple of impressive runs, would have liked to have seen more of those. If you factor in his age and experience level, then you would have to say he was excellent.

Bradley was excellent.

Morton was excellent, don’t know how the hell he has flown so under the radar.

Timmy was excellent again, those crosses are really, really impressive.

CB’s were solid, a nice pairing.

Keeper good for most part.

Ox horrible, then decent in second half.

I rated Naby over Ox in the first half, but still not ruling the midfield.

Jones has some really impressive feet on him, probably even better than Bobby. He had a Good game.

The passing and decision making was horrific at some stages of the game.

3 Likes