Post Match: Palace v Liverpool (EPL 9/12/23 12.30pm)

Play well and win?

3 Likes

A few years back, when he was playing for Derby, he was strongly linked to us.

If we play like that against United, and United play like theyā€™re playing against Bournemouth, I think weā€™ll be okay.

7 Likes

why do women get pissed when we get drunk?

Summed up perfectly.

So much for Fergie Time.

How about JĆ¼rgy Time? :thinking:

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget Unitedā€™s 2010-2011 title run.

Deserved win.
Never a penalty, took way too long to decide, and it wasnā€™t an obvious error. They tried way too hard to give them the penalty.

Never a red card, but it didnā€™t change anything anyway. Liverpool started to play around that time, more cohesion, more purpose.
I thought it was never in doubt to be honest.
Subs were good thats fair dues to Klopp as well.

Genuinely, we were poor (again)ā€¦but are still at the right end of the table.

2 Likes

A good three points again but another disappointing display. A harsh penalty and sending off in my opinion. It took Joe coming on to the field to show how to get down wide and deliver the ball which allowed Mo to move inside and give us more options. Ali and VVD were the pick of our starting lineup. It will be a different sort of game against Utd next week and hopefully another three points.

1 Like

I donā€™t know what he is smoking but is Van Dyke not allowed to shoot or is the ref going to take into account what is in players head or intentions? he already got a freebie by getting a dodgy penalty and us getting a goal chalked off again by VAR?

But youā€™re benchmarking against 19/20 and the other years where the 1-2 teams at the top were miles better than everyone else. Iā€™d argue this year, the league has more parity and is generally more competitive minus the 3 at the bottom. Winning on the road in the prem is hard. We have been spoiled watching some of the most dominant teams in history doing it week in week out the last few years. Just different this year

4 Likes

Iā€™m one of the most positive fans on here! Three points! Great! Weā€™ll done lads for digging in.

But Iā€™m also allowed to be concerned that weā€™ve struggled in our last three games, against teams we should be beating comfortably.

And today we were abject. There is no other way to sugar coat it. We didnā€™t deserve anything from that game, until Harvey came on looking like he fully understood that we were much better Palace, and actually played like it. He lifted everyone around him.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1733504137696887065

3 Likes

Just wait for the inevitable Scott McTominay masterclass in about 50 minutes time then, Jurgen.

I am baffled by people moaning about the team playing badly why they are not they struggle against teams playing a low block until the manager and his team figure out their tactics and use a strong bench to turn things around and this will happen again and again against the bottom 10 teams last year we would have lost that match because of ageing senior players and many serious injuries in mainly December fixtures by the way. keep fingers crossed we win all our games in December and the beginning of January and as Klopp said anything can happen in April hopefully the good team will do an Arse and have a flaky end of season and we are left alone battling Shitty

4 Likes

Fulham- possibly the 4 best goals weā€™ve scored in a single game.

SU- took a while but won at a canter.

Palace- played shite but ground out a win with some good substitutions.

If weā€™d lost, or even dropped points, in any of these Iā€™d understand your negativity

1 Like

Yes, agree with the sentiment. I said in the in match thread that Palace would struggle to keep up the physical intensity for the 90 mins plus stoppage. IN games that go to 105 minutes, the impact off the bench is huge.

Away record looks much better now with

W4 D4 L1

Weā€™ve played 9 away and 7 at home due to the upgrade. We somehow are getting points in difficult circumstances which is what is needed.

The things weā€™ve messed up on can be sorted out in training. Weā€™re not getting comprehensively outplayed - think back to last season in games like against Brighton, where we lost 3-0 without a fight.

7 Likes

3 points, top of the league for now, and no injuries during the game, have to be grateful for that

8 Likes

Hodgson giving his name to the referee because he thought it was to reserve a seat for the annual pensioners coach trip

I am. Fucking state of this

4 Likes