Post Match: Palace v Liverpool (EPL 9/12/23 12.30pm)

I stopped listening to Hodgson when he couldn’t see a WWE body slam by one of his players on Jota as a penalty.

Even the snidey Jenas said it was one.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/footballontnt/status/1733502407638679628

3 Likes

One thing i’ve noticed this season is the frequency with which people talk positively about the impact of our subs.

4 Likes

Checks 3pm scores

1 Like

I went mad at the end of the Sheffield game when Wilder was going on about Virgil swat of his player to get him him of his back and the little shove from Konate where his player rolled around with his eyes looking at the ref to see if he gets a penalty but he ignored the number of times his players flattened ours on each corner and set pieces proper wrestling moves totally ignored by the ref and VAR and MOTD
I think in future we should make a video of those instances so that we can send it to MOTD and see if they play it?

3 Likes

Shit, Bruno yellow, which rules him out of game next week

1 Like

I beg your pardon?

Some mentality that, getting a yellow on purpose so you miss your biggest game

2 Likes

We’ve played worse tbh. Cheer up chums.

Top of the league, lovely jubbly. Now let’s play the kids on Thursday and smash the Mancs next weekend because they’re shit.

3 Likes

So will the Anfield crowd………hopefully.

2 Likes

Saves him the humiliation of having to be asked to be subbed off again*

*yes i’m fully aware he has said that wasn’t the case.

1 Like

Awkward Kid GIF

Haven’t seen it, I struggle to find streams to be honest.

So I’m getting live updates to my phone. Even that’s not doing my blood pressure any good.

Next please.

Our commentary claimed the delays was over a potential offside. They determined it was a foul quickly but took them that long to verify there was no offside.

2 Likes

This is fair, but as a player you calibrate based on what the ref is doing. To me it felt a bit of a random act of wanting to punish these sorts of fouls and so could definitely understand palaver players or fans feeling aggrieved

If we’d dropped points I’d be looking for the positives. It’s only because we got all nine points I feel happy enough to be a miserable cunt.

6 Likes

Same…

I’m absolutely bouncing but I am happy to slag that off.

2 Likes

90% of the time it’s just Harvey being Harvey.

But I think Gapko is another who picks up things when watching from the bench and then comes on k owing where to hurt them

9 Likes

Awful first half. With Endo in particular having his worst day he’s had in a Liverpool shirt. Szoboslai too was unusually off. Really outside of Virgil and Quansah, no one played particularly well in that first half.

I thought it was better second half and I’ll always enjoy a come from behind win, it doesn’t matter how crap we play.

Close to the midway point of the season, and we are top of the league. Most goals scored and best defensive record in the league. It’s a good time to be a Liverpool supporter, even after a pretty crap 70 minutes of football today.

5 Likes

Roy Hodgson has been a football manager for 107 years and still doesn’t know that standing next to the ball and and stopping someone taking a free kick is a yellow card.

4 Likes