Post Match: Palace v Liverpool (EPL 9/12/23 12.30pm)

Theyā€™re considerably worse than Bournemouth, though, it seemsā€¦

3 Likes

A story in four parts.

Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

Embarrassed Hide GIF

The midfield was absolutely woeful. I really hope Mac is fit for Utd , Dom remembers heā€™s a very good player and Curtis gets in ahead of Gravyboat.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheKopWatch/status/1733510258666938694?t=GXdZMyfh4HqsoHaWBDOR0Q&s=19

8 Likes

Well Bournemouth just beat Palace 2-0 so.

Three points, lovely.

I see both sides of it - on the one hand, the performance level was ugh. We must improve. On the other hand, itā€™s a sign of a serious team to win when not playing well, and the performance level will come.

The team is a work in progress but we are going well. Top of the league. Not bad at all.

3 Likes

Result is all that matters.

Ali is just another level at keeping the ball out of the net, no other keeper comes close.

Game changed with subs, Elliot was excellent and Gomez & Gakpo too. Also going to a full back that was wide and overlapping was a massive to getting the win, this may have also being them being down to 10 men.

Biggest gripes, Nunez offside all the time grrrr, players committing stupid fouls when their player is facing away from goal, giving them an easy out and lastly, Diaz had the beating of Ward, who was on a yellow and we never got the ball to him.

Otherwise brilliant win and we are top :blush:

4 Likes

Letā€™s put it this way, there is bloody fight in this team which is massively important especially on days like today. You can beat teams easily and then slip up if you donā€™t have that bite.

13 Likes

Just one thing on the ref, offside decision given against Nunez again, ref lets them take 2 metres inside our half, says a lot of the standard for me.

2 Likes

So of all the 3 major decisions, this is what you pick out? Something nobody else did? Talk about nit picking. Teams virtually always get let off with taking a free kick a few yards in front from where the incident took place.

Shows your complete lack of footy nous, I think my 1st reply to you and my last

That makes me sad :frowning:

Exactly the point I made after Fulham.

They have heart.

These performances wonā€™t last forever, either. Weā€™ve had annoying dips every year I can remember under JK.

4 Likes

We are grinding out the wins at the moment. We did the same a few years back when we won it all.

Just saying :innocent::christmas_tree::evergreen_tree:

5 Likes
1 Like

Another ordinary performance, but 3 points and top, think we can wear that.
Iā€™m not particularly concerned about the Manc game,we usually show up for that and if we donā€™t, then I will be worried.
Ali MOTM,though young Elliott did pretty well too.

1 Like

At the end of the day, the midweek fixtures combined with increasing evidence of Christmas period encroaching gives me the distinct impression that we just need to get the points and get the hell out of places like Palace and Sheffield like we did this week.

If you need any more evidence, hereā€™s a quick pick me up Premier League Table - Football - BBC Sport

Itā€™s not often Iā€™ll allow myself an indulgent look at the table but what the hell. If we are still top in 15 days Xmas lunch will be even better.

2 Likes

Allison showing why hes best in world. Vvd back to his best.
Quansah justified ahead of calamity Konate and Elliiot superb when he came on the rest 4/10ā€¦

Nunez - Cant rely on some one unplayable for 10 mins and dire for 80.

It was imperative we took 9 from 9 v fulham, sheff utd and palace and we did.

2 Likes

Knowing our luck United will probably play their game of the season against us.

2 Likes

In what sense has that been ā€œour luckā€?

Anyway, Unitedā€™s game of the season would be anything less than getting absolutely thumped.

2 Likes