Post Match: Sheffield Utd v Liverpool (EPL 6/12/23 7.30pm)

Benteke levels? Benteke never got near to goal most the time because he was stood on the same spot looking like a confused twat the whole game which was usually somewhere outside the box.

You think Benteke offered the kind of running in behind that Darwin offers us lol?

4 Likes

Dog-turd of a performance. Only Endo and Virgil played well. Front 3 were abysmal and Joe nearly cost us a goal through one of his brainfarts. Slobo and McAllister very average again although McAllister may have struggled after the borderline red card challenge in the first few minutes. Way worse than the Curtis Jones red at Spurs but so what? itā€™s only a Liverpool player.
There are games where we just have very little composure or control and tonight was one of them. Slow, laboured build-up, mis-placed passes and poor finishing, all against a team of hapless yard-dogs.
Thereā€™ll be a few tired legs after that, just got to dog it out at Palace and then rest every fucker until the Utd match.

4 Likes

He tried to let the game flow, which I donā€™t mind. Itā€™s why he allowed the Darwin challenge for the goal.

Darwin was stupid to pick up the yellow for kicking hte ball away. In a game where Sheff Utd themselves wanting to slow things down at every throw in, there was no point in doin that.

Did we?

I think someone has hacked Mascotā€™s account. Or maybe heā€™s just missing Klopptimistā€¦

1 Like

Wanks are wonderful, mancs are disgusting.

3 Likes

Not a piece of pissā€¦but acceptable!

Have a soft spot for Chris Wilder. He could have had a hand in the tenacity on their side.

1 Like

Gomez needs to wake the fuck up. Heā€™s lucky heā€™s so quick.

Konate slightly lucky but that was not a foul. You would never get that in midfield, a player just being stronger.

Nunez 50/50 on that challenge, could have gone either way but we got it this time. Nothing unusual.

We move on.

Did you read what I posted? Fucks sake, this place sometimes.

2 Likes

No, we didnā€™t. Against a team like that, you offer nothing. You make the gulf in quality obvious and you have the game won early.

With it still 0-1 on 70mins, weā€™ve are offering Utd encouragement. They can still get something out of it.

If weā€™re being honest, they were unlucky not to get the penalty that would have brought them level.

The goal that makes it look comfortable comes five minutes into injury time.

Oh stop it. Iā€™m talking about him in one on one situations. Benteke had that thing where he was continually in behind one on one, and nobody is backing him to score. Thatā€™s what itā€™s getting like with Darwin.

In other aspects heā€™s obviously much better than Benteke.

1 Like

So it seems we played shit,and maybe so,but 3 points and a clean sheet against anyone suits me, maybe we were just encouraging the Blades.
Obviously havenā€™t seen the game yet,so any MOTM ainā€™t on!

1 Like

Playing shit and winning is the sign of champions. But not every fucking week. That wonā€™t last forever.

Arsenal go to Villa on Saturday. If they play like they did today, and theyā€™ve still got something in the tank, theyā€™ll batter Arsenal. We have a great chance to be top after the weekend. Iā€™d like us to take it. But if we put that performance in Palace will be a fucking dog of a game.

2 Likes

I did, didnā€™t have an issue with the rest of it which is why I picked out the bit I highlightedā€¦? Heā€™s in no way, shape or form like Benteke so I was taken back when you brought his name into the discussionā€¦Benteke never beared down on goal because he as I said he was stood like a lamp post in the style we played and was never in the box where we needed him.

Although at what point do we give the keeper credit for coming out quick and making the chance harder for Nunez to convert? Or are we not allowed to credit keepers for saves off Darwin anymore because itā€™s Darwin? Itā€™s like every sniff of a chance he gets itā€™s ā€œOh he needs to be doing betterā€

@Mascot is just upset now that Klopptimist has gone.

Where?

Looked better with Endo as a defensive midfielder. Take away a few brain farts from Ibou and it was much more solid than we usually are.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s probably needed until Becker is back at any rate.

I expect Tsimikas will play against Palace.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Yeah, jury is still out which is a bit damning given what we paid for him 18 months ago.

Digging Nunez out after that is just trolling at this point.

5 Likes

I donā€™t think we played that bad and in the end weā€™re away with the maximum we could have taken.

A couple of thoughts after the game -You would imagine Sheffield United will be harder to play at their ground as the season goes on with Wilder there now and weā€™re done with that. Even though we didnā€™t fire on all cylinders, they never looked particularly dangerous. It was scrappy but the defence on the whole held and we mostly kept our shape. Trent at QB wasnā€™t exposing us so much so another plus. The only quibble would be the midfield. Iā€™m not sure weā€™ve found the right tempo/chemistry yet.

3 Likes