Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

There is no problem with VAR. The problem is corrupt and/or utterly incompetent twats applying it.

I think we should start a campaign for female refs in English football. Women are generally mor accurate and prefer to double-check everything. It cannot get any worse anyway than it is now with those bald twats?

4 Likes

It can never check its self someone has to decide on which frame ball was passed.

But then they can’t fix that we lose unless they out an algorithm in the coding of the automated system, bastards

1 Like

Even Alice is saying they are shit calls.

Exactly this. Whistle then same action foot goes through the ball. Spurs player went down easy to try to and win the foul as he knew the ref would give it him.

I actually agree

1 Like

If we are beaten fair and square then I hold my hand up and say fair play.

This just makes me want to throw up. VAR against us (showing ref still of the end sequence of the Jones incident and properly fucking us over on the goal).

Then on field ref card happy with us and nothing against them. To an eye wateringly blatant degree.

I think I’m going to throw up

We should be top of the table but we’re fourth

3 Likes

The system gives you a kick point, considering how quick it has been at times I assume the only delay has been due to when officials disagree.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1708204508587716727

4 Likes

It is quite peculiar. I’ve often joked that they clone them.

Do you remember Uriah Rennie? Not sure if you are as old as me but he was a decent referee. I mean he was bald but he did seem a bit different to the other refs. I never quite put my finger on it.

4 Likes

VAR on the Jones sending off made sure that it showed the worst still frame, VAR on the offside doesn’t look at it = whoever is on VAR is cheating

7 Likes

The clubs themselves elected to not introduce it because of the cost and incompatibility with the pending next gen tech

1 Like

Those clubs with direct monetary access to the refs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wait until City pip us to the title by one point again.

That apology means fuck all.

10 Likes

He went shit as well.

I do remember the codgers from the 90s that seemed laughable but fuck me they are being outdone by this lot.

1 Like

The sky reporter asked Jürgen the exact thing I’ve long complained about here. That the margins of winning the league can be so small (one point twice for us) that such horrible decisions do and have made a material impact. He was asked how he feels. He said it’s pointless talking about it because it’s “expensive” for him and walked off before he really said why he wanted to say.

Tell me this won’t make a difference at the end of the season. I dare you

2 Likes

I thought this system wasn’t in use in Premier league.

It isn’t, it is in the Europa League.

Apparently it’s going be developed so they didn’t feel it was worth the cost.

Like your not the biggest money spinning league in the world.

1 Like

Because of the cost? The Premier League? COST???

4 Likes

Because of the cost in lost (bribe) earnings to the referees if they take away ambiguity that allows them to mask their corruption.

2 Likes