Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

Wasn’t there a similar yellow on Núñez not too long ago?

Anyhow the Ryder Cup and World Cup Rugby means I can ignore the weekend football now.

The sad thing is I do think we are the best team in the league, but I can’t expect us to win the league based on the last 3-4 weeks.

At this rate we’ve had 4 red cards and only one is not really debatable, I’d say two are probably reds, but that’s 4 red cards the only one that wasn’t debatable didn’t cost us anyhow.

I do think we are rightly favourites for the Europa mind.

4 Likes

Ok so for Jones Red VAR intervened very quickly to turn the yellow into red and used very strong suggestion in he way it, VAR, handled it. Then for an on field error of offside for what should have been a legitimate goal didn’t even manage to react at all. That’s a bit more than fishy. In fact it’s damned grotesque!

9 Likes

Getting banned for sure.

Probably won’t.

They usually for some reason ignore it when they’ve admitted how bad they are.

1 Like

Mate you don’t even need a line…it’s clear as daylight!

2 Likes

Because European refs don’t have an agenda against us.

Oh, and we’re the best team in it.

4 Likes

Maybe it should just be coaches/Captain review on VAR like Baseball.

Even Neville and Townsend pointed this out

2 Likes

Not to this level I don’t feel they do and automated would have ruled Diaz on.

Klopp said that too.

2 Likes

NRL has captains challenge system.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/beINSPORTS_EN/status/1708207286215209357?t=b2_9Y2bBVE4cmB7e1bpFPw&s=19

1 Like
3 Likes

1 Like

I don’t blame that linesman as that statement suggests.

I thought it was 50/50 when I saw it, clear on the image.

Who knows if it costs us 3 or 1 point it does cost us points.

4 Likes

RE: the PGMOL statement…

now they will try and fuck us over for the rest of the season,

no way do they want us missing out on the league by a single point,

they want us to miss out by at least 10 points so this mistake doesnt come back to haunt them

2 Likes

The statement throwing lino under the bus is trying to deflect blame away from VAR nine use.

3 Likes

You’re probably right, sadly.

1 Like

This is the key point. It doesn’t make the game fairer. It’s actually more open to manipulation.

From one angle, which the ref was shown, it looks a clear red card. From others, including what the ref saw in real time, it’s a yellow. Have some sympathy for the ref in this regard. VAR a cheating cunt

4 Likes