Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

PGMOL getting a “review”? Like getting a VAR for themselves?

1 Like

Harry Kane is not that type of player so stays on. Robertson gets a red in the same match.

Then going back a years, the Lovren/Kane offside debacle, with the ref on mic saying he doesn’t know but will give the pen anyway.

Then that Lamela flop when VVD barely touched him.

And those are the rare games that Spurs get anything from us.

2 Likes

The ref was int he same zone as the VAR team anyway. In a rush to blow any 50-50 in Spurs’ favour. Mo wins the ball back from Bissouma who then goes down easy. Ref blows and books MO for kicking the ball (when usually if the ball is kicked near the whistle, then no card would be forthcoming).

People have written 12 v 9 here, but with VAR it’s 13 v 9.

2 Likes

There’s no way we should have lost this game. Ultimately we should have won. Diaz goal to take us into the lead. Jones red card was rather soft. Jota first yellow questionable again. He should have been more careful following that though.

Despite all that, it was poor from Matip with the own goal, for all that effort shown throughout the game. Some might say unfortunate, maybe so.

Refereeing an absolute disgrace however. No excuses. Especially with how big the league is. There’s so many poor decisions.

2 Likes

Its just come to me that Darren England was the VAR for the 3-2 defeat at Arsenal last year the VAR calibration issue goal.

3 Likes

There is no blame on the lino, nor any implied from the statement. Based on their comment it looks like they just eyeballed it decided not to draw lines, which will see people lose their job

https://twitter.com/ChloeBloxam/status/1708209801153351729

8 Likes

Reminded me of an own goal by Kolo Toure away at Fulham in the magic Suarez league run season. We ended up winning that one. Refereeing was still dodgy (especially with Luis) but nowhere as bad as it is today

Brave, brave display from our lads.

Horrendous officiating.

2 Likes

I think calling it a clear and obvious factual error by the on field team is throwing them under bus.

2 Likes

Where’s Rambler tonight?

Maybe talking to his Spurs supporting mate who has it on good authority Hooper has a Kop ST.

2 Likes

That is just their language. The blame is very clearly being placed on the lack of intervention

3 Likes

1 Like

I don’t see it that way no reason at all to call it a clear and obvious error unless its deflation.

There was no human error…it says that VAR “failed to intervene” meaning that they didn’t check it. Every goal scoring incident or offside decision leading to a goal has to be checked by VAR. They didn’t

This I am afraid smacks of corruption

The question is of course how you deal with it when you have a Dick like Howard Webb in charge of Refereeing in the EPL.

It took the Yanks to call out corruption in FIFA. Who is going to call out these cheating cunts here?

6 Likes

Indeed that’s the language used for when VAR is meant to intervene, is it not?

https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1708185719087190203

I completely missed this tbh, when did this happen?

3 Likes

When a referee is asked to view the monitor, how the fuck is it allowed that when they first view the screen it’s paused on Jones foot making contact with the Spurs players leg? Complete fucking nonsense and will clearly predetermine the refs decision.

9 Likes

Late on, I saw it on the official website feed a while back.

I’m not usually one to bother commenting on the officiating. It’s a given that it will be shit every week. Today however was outright cheating.

6 Likes