Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

That is verbatim the parlance of when VAR should intervene

Good question

1 Like

After one of the big incidents. I think the Jota red

1 Like

As inferred, no one

That can’t be because SOMEBODY asked the ref to come review the Jones challenge

88th minute according to the official.

https://twitter.com/JoshLFC1909/status/1708216601965629723

9 Likes

Referees’ body PGMOL has admitted the decision to disallow Luis Diaz’s goal in nine-man Liverpool’s 2-1 loss to Tottenham Hotspur was “a significant human error”.

BBC

Agreed. The most legitimate of tackles could be slowed down and show an impact that looks bad.

1 Like

I need to do something to get this out of my head. Got football tomorrow and now I’m not even feeling like going to play

Ive got it, lets have a VAR for VAR, cant go wrong then…

You’ll have more competent referees, so there is that.

My arsewipe would be a more competent referee

Maybe we need VARR. Video Assistant Referee Referee, to finally, once and for all, without a doubt, alleviate the potential for “significant human error.”

1 Like

My current strategy

marge simpson drinking GIF

2 Likes

Yeah I’m considering that

It was poor from the linesman as well with Diaz goal. There will always be an element of scope for that, a bad call, what have you, however it wasn’t what i would consider exactly close.

That said, blame squarely lies with whoever was involved with VAR. Shocking. Nothing less.

1 Like

Honestly it does feel like something changed after the robbo elbow incident. My reaction was that the game could not kick off for the second half without a change of lino but tge game as a whole bent over to condemn robbo and excuse the Lino.I think the refs as a group have since doubled down on the perspective that were the bad guys and approached our games just desperate for a reason to stick it to us

2 Likes

Remember how long it took Coote to rule Henderson’s goal offside at Goodison Park and then compare that to today’s shambles. I don’t believe the Diaz goal was actually checked, they’re liars.

9 Likes

I feel worse than for the most recent CL final. That day, after the crowd issues and Thiago injection I had a sense it wasn’t our day. Plus Courtois had a worldle.

Today was were blatantly cheated out of it. If I was playing I would have two footed the referee and taken a red

2 Likes