Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

So exactly what are PGMOL going to do…cause these points should be ours, we know it, they know it, everyone knows it…cmon top ranking PGMOL what are u going to do…yellows are rescinded, reds are rescinded…are our points rescinded…

After today I’m pinning the Kennedy assasination on him too :joy:

1 Like

One of the biggest screwup’s with VAR last season wise Brentford offside that they ended up not checking, and that was primarily because the sequence of events they’d already been reviewing taking them about five minutes. They are under a lot of pressure to get to their decision quickly, and so I am absolutely convinced there is something to this

I think just as the original first division was reinvented as the Premier League, it’s time for a new reincarnation of the top level. That’s the only way the whole corrupt structure can be dismantled.

1 Like

Unless Jones’ red is rescinded he’s out of the derby. That’s him, Diaz, McAllister and Nunez unlikely to start. Fucking fantastic stuff.

1 Like

What’s wrong with Diaz, and Macca? Nunez had a knock but was ready to come on so assuming he’ll be fine

1 Like

Since the Macca red was retracted I think this’ll be as well. Similar incidents

1 Like

Like you say quickest drawn lines ever, even really close calls take at least a couple of minutes.

I can’t see it on this i hope im wrong but they will argue he went over the ball.

There’s a different between going over the ball deliberately and foot slipping while trying to control the ball or do a skill and it accidentally planting in Bissouma. You could even see by his reaction that it wasn’t bad. Normally players really feel a real stud stamp

2 Likes

All coming back from South America having played early hours of Wednesday morning our time. Early Saturday KO. McAllister didn’t look like he knew what day it was at Wolves.
Talk of Gakpo being out long-term now as well. This club is fucking cursed.

1 Like

I totally agree with you but PGMOL is totally screwed as an organisation if they have to say 2 VAR interventions in the same game are wrong. This is why i think they will circle wagons on Jones red card and double down on it.

1 Like

We’ve got the 12.30 K.O. after the international break again!! Presumably those three will be travelling back from some god forsaken place and will probably be on the bench for the Everton game.

And I thought you were a Liverpool fan for more than 5 weeks … :see_no_evil:

It’s 8 years since we had a player sent off against us for a 2nd yellow card offence.

3 Likes

I’ve got to ask, what happened with the directive to book players asking for cards? Pretty sure they did it multiple times (just like Newcastle did).

Posted at 20:2620:26

‘They didn’t do it on purpose, but mistakes still happen’

FT: Tottenham 2-1 Liverpool

Liverpool

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp, speaking to Match of the Day: "People might think because of the late goal for Tottenham we didn’t get anything out of this game but that is not true. We didn’t get a result but I learned so much about my boys today, absolutely proud. The mentality was second to none.

“With eight outfield players it is difficult, we still had moments but not as dangerous as before. So many things happened today that was not going our way and that is really difficult when you get nothing out of it. So close.”

On VAR and other decisions in the game: "Nothing changed for us. I don’t need that, I saw it, I know whoever made the mistake didn’t do on it purpose. It will not help.

"How can Jota in this game go off the pitch with two yellow cards, the first he barely touched him and for sure not his fault.

"That is what is the problem. We have so many things. When did you last hear a game with 11 v 9? And we were close to 11v 8! There were no horrible fouls.

“We were not kicking players or whatever. The boys made a super intense game of it, it is crazy how hard we fought. In the end we got nothing. The result is gone but the performance will stay with me forever. I loved our attitude and our desire.”

More on VAR decisions: “They didn’t do it on purpose, I know that, but mistakes still happen. If we want to talk about it do it properly and not with creating headlines with emotional managers.”

4 Likes

You should watch the interview itself. I’m fairly certain given the number of times he repeated it that he thought it was the only thing standing between him and a ban.

1 Like

All that will happen is the Jones red will be riscinded to “make up” for the farcical display today from the officials.

And there’s the problem right there. Jurgen basically absolving them of any wrong-doing.

If that’s how he feels then just say fuck all. Instead he’s given them free-reign to fuck us again because it’s a ‘mistake’.

1 Like