Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

He’s at a PGMOL meeting.

1 Like

So if this is the case, couldn’t the message be given by VAR, (you know bc they have a mic) -hey wait there was no offside. And the protocol would be (to save face) for the on field ref to go confirm on the screen?

The fuck up scenario makes sense, but the fact there was no correction is ineptitude to infinity. And the refs would see this and talk about it at halftime. Which to me seems like they said, fuck it, let’s go the distance and do a full fuck over on LFC while we’re at it. I’m still pissed.

Feel for Matip, thought he did well and his attempt looked like fatigue

3 Likes

Imo this is just an amateurish try to cover up the VAR mistake. Ridiculous

6 Likes

Question for anyone who knows, I’ve seen claims that Romero avoided a second yellow card for taking his top off, is that right?

1 Like

Noted that as well, he most certainly did take his shirt off for a goal that he didn’t score

It sounds absolutely silly but at the same time I really couldn’t rule it out.

Reminds me a bit of that Villa goal conceded that goal line tech didn’t pick up on the first game back during Covid and VAR said oh I wasn’t aware I was supposed to correct “that decision”.

1 Like

The only bonus about this it’s not a Sunday afternoon game.

Yes, and considering how many times he went down at the slightest touch, he should have already had one for simulation anyway

1 Like

There were games last season when 11 of our players didn’t have half the fight we had today. At no point Spurs were dominant or in control.

No wonder the envelopes are flying so early in the season.

Carry on Reds, YNWA.

6 Likes

I don’t feel I can much fault the team on their start.

2 Likes

I just don’t buy it.

They are seriously trying to say that the VAR thought the goal had been given, so told them he agreed?

Do they think we’re all fucking stupid?

3 Likes

Have been too angry to post until now, but I’m sure this team will use this to power them on to great things this season.
Only bastard refereeing can stop us now.

7 Likes

There were also two or three instances of a Spurs player appealing for a card, which is supposed to be a yellow card. One I’m of them, the lad was already booked.

5 Likes

The collision with Diaz, when the contact was actually on the side of his head and he collapsed holding his face was laughable. He’s a fucking cheat.

1 Like

What a joke, how hard is it to follow a simple process to check for offside. These clowns need to be sent down to the lower leagues. Really don’t understand why the prem/FA aren’t recruiting the best officials from around the world rather than keeping with this old boys club.

2 Likes

We never stood a chance 12 V 11 from kick off it a fuckin joke

See Newcastle as well.

1 Like

‘Computer says no goal, sorry, nothing I can do about it I’m afraid.’

post title GIF

2 Likes

It makes absolutely no sense. Flag went up and Diaz stopped celebrating after 1-2 seconds. They’d clearly have seen the on field decision.

What the actual fuck is going on?

I’d say not telling VAR to show him the correct angles is one? Not to mention constantly falling for their diving? Not giving the second yellow card to Romero for what is a clear yellow card offence? Not giving yellow cards to them for asking for cards?

2 Likes