Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

Premier league refs level is very poor I don’t believe with another ref, Curtis was sent off but only a yellow card, var anyway made a big mistake.

The only silver lining I can think of would be that the players probably wouldn’t be thinking that. If there’s anything to add passion to them, I think this match would have been it. Just the sheer injustice would surely push them to fight even harder than ever.

2 Likes

As we were watching the game we all seen the throw in,the pass, the goal, the flag go up and the game being stopped for a VAR check to see if it was offside or not.We all knew what was happening but we are expected to believe that the 2 lads whose job it is to be VARs did not know what was going on (ie. the ref was disallowing the goal).

This is so big a controversy that if they don’t release the conversation that was had in the lead up to the goal right up till the game restarted(maybe even the minute or so after) then i will believe their version of events is fabricated.

6 Likes

To be fair to him, when you’re Spurs, you have to take what you can get.

They won’t, you will, it is.

4 Likes

Don’t forget Hooper and the other incidents in the game.

2 Likes

Fixed this for you.

1 Like

Again on VAR,The ref seen the Jones challenge and gave a yellow which VAR disagreed with.They should be showing the ref the challenge,not just a still of the final part of it.Allow the ref to move it forward or slow it down himself.
If they interfere in that case then why not in all yellows given.Jota got a yellow card for nothing and a minute later another yellow which sent him off.If the VAR or assistant where looking at a replay while the game continued he could have let the ref know the first card for Jota was wrong and that it should be rescinded.

I’m pretty sure the check is standard after any goal?

2 Likes

They can’t intervene with yellow cards.

But they did when Jones got a yellow for the challenged which was then changed to red

2 Likes

That’s because England viewed it as a red card. They checked it for a potential sending off.

Is this supposed to smooth over the shit job from yesterday…

He believed it was an incorrect call on the yellow,as he felt it should have been a red.Another incorrect call on a yellow should also be looked at as it led a minute later to a sending off which shouldn’t have happened.
The rule may be they can’t look at yellows given unless it is a potential red,but that rule should be changed as it unfairly had a player sent off and influenced the game.

1 Like

If they still keep pushing this narrative England needs to be sacked completely as they can come up with no valid reason as why he missed it been given as offside its the job to watch.

4 Likes

Thats correct they cant tell a ref its not a yellow. They can only upgrade a red to a yellow or a red to a yellow.

It sounds as if Jotas first yellow was due to the foul he’d committed a few seconds prior, that could well have been a yellow. Totting up type situation on the first one yellow therefore.

2nd ones on Jota as he lunged in, but we see plenty of them go without punishment also.

The Jota red, in my view, was the least contentious of the ref calls yesterday.

I don’t disagree, but at least it’s one thing they did according to the rules yesterday.

1 Like

Yeah it’s not as if it happens every other game, it tends to happen EVERY game these days. Incompetence or corruption? It doesn’t matter. The professional refereeing body needs significant independent oversight, because:

A) Nobody has any confidence in it, except those corrupt clubs who are illegally funding it’s officials

B) It appears to be largely made up of amateurs posing as professionals, who are simply not up to the job

3 Likes