Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

I cannot see any whitewashing when the refereeing standards have dropped to a new low that everyone can see!

Maybe add in AI to the system to highlight the key areas of contact to reduce the time taken…

Unbelievable.

First time I hear with a proof referees are paid by third party countries. Which are involved in running a club they are referreeing.

That it is legal or not doesn’t even matter from a competition point of view.

6 Likes

I thought we were absolutely brilliant with nine men.

I can’t recall a shot on target after Jota went off. If there was one, it was from long range.

Had we hung on for a draw, it might have been an even more impressive result than at Newcastle.

We look really dangerous with 10 men. We become this counter attacking side who sit back and wait for a mistake, particularly when they are pressing forward, and have lightning quick forwards who can take advantage of the open spaces.

I was really proud of our side yesterday. Make no mistake about it, we’re in the title hunt.

12 Likes

oh boy…This will call into question whether the PL referees have enough rest for the game at all…

2 Likes

Are you even allowed to be a referee of two leagues? I remember refs resigning and going to the Middle East but not just going there and coming back the same week.

2 Likes

Those 2 have unfortunately been lost in the general aftermatch autopsy of the cock ups.

2 Likes

Still contentious!

Not enough rest but enough money. So he couldn’t care less about the PL matches.

1 Like

His boss Webb quit the PL at the young age of 43 to go to Saudi.

I’m sure Webb is fine with the officials having a second job down there.

2 Likes

Another thing in the Jota first yellow which isnt been mentioned Udogie is sat on the floor waving the imaginary yellow card this should be a booking for him all the while hes on a yellow.

9 Likes

cant help but think that the more news and statemnents that come from the PGMOL

the bigger the hole they are digging for themselves

2 Likes

So they should have found a way to disallow Matip’s goal. They really are so stupid!

I don’t think the FA has any involvement at all. You’d have to find instances in the lower leagues to judge their competence. In anycase they are so incompetent that one wouldn’t spot corruption even if it was blatent slap in the face corruption.

2 Likes

Apparently Cook (Assistant VAR) there as well.

Fuck. Me.

9 Likes

I’m gutted, even one day later. We were robbed.
Are we the most hated team in the PL?

Richarlison waved a yellow without consequence earlier too, and one of their players took their shirt off

5 Likes

Yes, because a lot of people are contesting it. If they weren’t contesting it, then it wouldn’t be contentious. But as they are contesting it, I agree with you, it’s contentious.

4 Likes

Oh my goodness

The VAR team incorrectly thought the onfield decision was “goal,” quickly identified that Díaz was onside and told the onfield team “check complete” to confirm the goal. But when referee Simon Hooper was told this, he understood the decision made by his assistant on the field as being correct – which the assistant had given as offside. That meant that rather than the decision being changed to goal, it remained disallowed.

The VAR team thought the ruling on the field was onside. That’s why they were so quick to come to a decision.

2 Likes

We lost a couple of championships by 1 point due to those kind of “reffing” errors at the end of this season we will be ruing another loss by one point I am afraid I hope I am wrong for all our sakes.

5 Likes