Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

Should have been feeling great today with Liverpool top of the league, but instead I’m so fucking pissed off I can hardly believe it. Losing a big game, fair enough, but getting blatantly cheated out of three vital points by bent officials is hard to take. The top flight is a fucking shambles and legit teams are up against it anyway, without having to deal with bollocks like this. The game should be replayed. I’m properly furious!

5 Likes

That is quite disturbing though. 48 hours before, they were in UAE. To make some calculations, let’s have some numbers up.

The flight time to Abu Dhabi is about 7 hours one way with the return flight being strangely 45 minutes longer. So they will be in the sky for nearly 14 hours and 45 minutes.

I don’t think they have much rest before the UAE match which might take a toll on them later. It was later known that they were only back on Friday as seen by the tweet below.

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/1708456988571574536

The match is on Saturday. How much rest did they get at all?

2 Likes

It’s all about the ref’s decision, which then sets the “correct narrative”.

Player X fouls a lot - ref is doing well to let the game flow. It would spoil the spectacle otherwise.

Player Y gets a yellow/red - he gave the ref a decision to make. The player was stupid.

This can all be within the same game. No difference. What the ref/VAR determines, is the standard that all the media etc will then work back from, post hoc.

So for example, in the Wolves game, Kalvin Phillips came on and continuously fouled (and even did a stamp, albeit a soft one that the Wolves payer tried to make the most of). The ref said play on. So the “correct narrative” is the action of the Wolves player is wrong that he rolled around. Wasn’t enough in the challenge to do that.

However, had it been Nunez doing that, then obviously the ref would’ve given a red, and the “correct narrative” is he was stupid to make the ref come to a decision, even though it was not enough for the guy to roll around.

1 Like

I think it sums up every Liverpool supporter feelings today…

6 Likes

It took 45 mins longer to get back because of all the gold bullion stuffed in their suitcases.

3 Likes

Will try and watch the Dermot show on Monday morning Sky Sports…lets see how he gets out of that little shit show display…

1 Like

We’ve had more red cards this season, than Chelsea and Everton have combined premier league wins :rofl:

3 Likes

With 10 men,we’ve won the same amount as chelsea and everton combined premier league wins.

2 Likes

I don’t know if England is as litigious as the states, but I would think that an entity such as FSG would have grounds to go to court. The inept/corrupt officiating of this game could cost their company money, and a business has the right to take legal steps to adddress that.

3 Likes

Not worth it. They’d be booted out for bringing the game into disrepute. The facts don’t actually matter, only that the other 19 owners would likely not back FSG and would vote to have them removed.

3 Likes

Then they stand to lose a huge chunk of the PL TV money.

Let’s put it this way. Outside of England, only a few teams are pulling in the tv crowd. Manure, LFC and possibly Arsenal.

Citeh’s following outside of Manchester is not very visible…

1 Like

No, they wouldn’t kick Liverpool out, they’d have FSG removed as owners.

1 Like

During the team intros, prior to every Liverpool Premier League game going forward, it should be stated that 11 man Liverpool are going against 12 man (insert Premier League opposition team here). It is already a given, but things are so flagrant now, that they should just come out a say it.

2 Likes

Yes get in the Liverpool women team has sort avenged us and beat the favourites to win the league The Arse 0:1 away from home as they did last year against Chelsea and Arse were given every chance to equalise with an extra 10 minutes! Some good news at least this weekend the Melwood training centre seems to pay dividends already!

4 Likes

using the good old all encompassing rule of bringing the game into disrepute?

2 Likes

Si, correcto

1 Like

Welp, there is no difference from the CCP!

Any talk of fatigue/workload is just muddying the waters.

They’d have made the same decisions if they’d had 2 weeks off beforehand.

They are fucking cheats and it’s all in plain sight now. Let’s not give them any excuses.

10 Likes

Anyway, besides the fatigue point, it ought to be noted that the VAR officials and Michael Oliver were at the UAE League that is sponsored by ADNOC.

ADNOC’s full name is Abu Dhabi National Oil Company. The board of directors for ADNOC is formed by the Supreme Petroleum Council (SPC). Guess who’s the chairman of the SPC?

It’s none other than Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. If you find the name somewhat familiar, your memory didn’t fail you. His brother is Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the owner of Man City Football Club.

How can Howard Webb approve those three’s Leave of Absence to a league that is sponsored by the brother of MCFC?

8 Likes

No red card for this btw

https://twitter.com/physioscout/status/1708376381380534769?s=46&t=Zi1SYSkTiZKZM3Mfk8SNFA

5 Likes