Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

On the Curtis Jones red card, why was the ref’s VAR screen sitting on the freeze frame of Curtis’ foot on the ankle of the Spur’s player? Does that not influence the official, before he has a chance to watch back the episode?

6 Likes

I think I’d be happy with 2 months at this rate.

My PCL was 2 months in treatment but I’m not a professional footballer.

3 Likes

I have to say I can’t feel confident in any of our league games, was watching yesterday thinking we should get something here and then Jones happened.

Still thought a chance even at half time, I switched it off after Jota felt it was a joke then.

We should easily compete for the title I doubt we will though. As I said I’m confident this team has a fantastic chance of winning in Europe and with no VAR in the league cup we might get lucky with the refs there.

A loss usually takes about an hour or two, I’m still angry now.

Really not sure if I’ll watch a PL game for a while now, I have no interest in todays game (and it’s probably one I would have watched) and tomorrows.

7 Likes

I still cannot get over the shit show yesterday…but checked the table and we are still only 2 pts behind the shisters…we wait for the outcomes of yesterday…but our mentality should now be " lets steam roll over every team, every game"…I understand it’s hard to keep up the momentum…but our mantra should now be…f**k off out of the way, we’re taking this title…

13 Likes

The unfairness in this reminds me of that Toffee-shite game when Pukeford et al assaulted numerous of our team, leaving VVD and Thiago out period. Nothing will be done. Unless we take the authorities on, and then, we’ll get even more.

4 Likes

We’ve already had two completely bafflingly decisions that are beyond any argument punish us this season.

We are up there and that’s great but I just can’t expect there aren’t more to come.

That Maca decision was laughable but got waved off because we won.

This is just a stain on the game. “greatest show on earth” maybe in comedy terms.

We are now in a desperate situation for the derby where we are going have to switch players around because two are out. I’d plead with Uruguay to give Nunez a rest because we are in trouble otherwise.

6 Likes

Does that include the non-penalty at Chelsea?

We should be 7/7.

9 Likes

How much rest do you need to watch a fucking tv and see what every other rational human can see?

Wife away for the weekend. Left with 2 sick kids. No sleep for 2 nights. Couple of beers to make it bearable. Watching on my phone. Peter Rabbit on in the background.
I still saw on first replay that linesman had wrongly called offside.

7 Likes

I’m not going jump on stuff like that it’s a poor decision but 15 other clubs will have shit like that.

Of course it never happens to certain clubs but that’s a given now. I’m talking about absolutely corrupt decisions the whole game can be marked by that to be fair yesterday but Maca’s was laughable but when you look at it. Again that is the refs in VAR not doing it’s job.

I suggested I think they must be sat around having a few bevvies, I think I’d hope that was the case now but it doesn’t feel like it.

3 Likes

They must have been doing something, because they obviously weren’t watching the game.

The official statement just makes it worse.

3 Likes

Just watch LFC games like me.
Ok the odds are against us but when we overcome them it’s just fantastic!

3 Likes

Counting UAE money prehaps?

4 Likes

Odds seem unsummoutable though.

As I said looking forward to Thursday, the refs may make mistakes but at least I wouldn’t feel it’s corruption every decision now to me that goes against us I will feel something is behind it.

As for fines or what not I just wouldn’t pay it if I was the club.

3 Likes

Where does it end though? An illegally financially doped team costing us 2 or 3 league titles, that fucking bullshit at the CL final in Paris, and now this? Give us a level playing field and we clean up this last ten years. It feels like just one kick in the bollocks after the next.

9 Likes

It does make you think about, what lies ahead for us. What next?

1 Like

We win the Europa League and lose the domestic competitions through corruption.

Next?

7 Likes

Well, I had a good nights sleep last night and fell asleep in front of the TV, after returning from the pub this afternoon. I don’t understand why.

2 Likes

I am still so angry to think of what to do next. I am not going to forget this incident anytime soon.

What can we do though? If Jürgen complains about the PGMOL he is damned, if doesn’t complain, he is damned.

All the team are fuming inside their hearts and the press are circulating like vultures to get any words they say and quote them out of context to sensationalise and get a headline!

3 Likes

Excited Lets Go GIF

Thing with Paris is it seems that they aren’t very good regardless at this when you look at the Rugby.

UEFA should be thankful it was Liverpool fans in a way.

2 Likes