Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

It’s been going on for decades, @Maria .

I’ve been expounding the argument since Sky started; it’s a real shame that the blatant cheating has taken so long to enter national discussion.

5 Likes

@cynicaloldgit
But now, the pundits seem have woken up and have come to a consensus that what happened yesterday was a huge blatent mistake or deliberate mistake.

4 Likes

@Maria even ManU fans

8 Likes

Objective (stats based) proof

3 Likes

Its that sleeping juice they put in drinks plays tricks with your body.

1 Like

Ahh! That’ll be it.

1 Like

2 characters

1 Like

2 characters indeed, AI. That’s the only way the game can move forward with officiating.

Unless we enter some 5 year long phase where we fuck off VAR, then fuck off PGMOL, then fuck off the laws of the game, stick a black shirt on people who’ve grown up with football in their bloods and have a bit of common sense and rock on. I’m pretty sure you could pick 10 retired players and they’d officiate games better then these crop of phonies. What’s good old Steve Nicol up to these days?

When i read the lfc statement i read the last line “In the meantime, we will explore the range of options available, given the clear need for escalation and resolution.” more as a statement of where they can take this against PGMOL rather than how they can not make these mistakes in the future.

I don’t know where they can take this but considering the amount of money this could cost us perhaps even legal action is possible.

4 Likes

Oh it’s clear that’s what they meant by that last line, Werner’s probably on John’s jet flying over to London as we speak, FA should expect a knock on their door first thing.

Legal action? I don’t know…but we’ve reached the point now where clubs/the Premier League need to request emergency meetings with the parties that can make necessary changes.

4 Likes

The issue is the game is over and the points awarded. The only battle now is to get decisions (any) in future games to go our way - two wrongs in essence.

If this does not bring the group together even more and light a fire to fuel the campaign, then nothing will!

4 Likes

I know we’ll never get those points back but i’m at least a little happier knowing that this time the club aren’t going to just accept it. Robbo accepted the apology from the guy with the elbow, it blew over, the club have accepted apologies before too, it’s about time the refs/fa etc know that we’re done being screwed over almost every week and just an apology will make up for it.

It may make things worse (if that’s at all possible) but when almost every pundit and fans from other teams are noticing this then for the first time ever we can take it to the refs/fa without the others saying we’re complaining over nothing (except spurs fans of course). What happened yesterday cannot be swept under the carpet, if it is then we’ll get the same treatment and an apology next week or next month and it’ll just keep happening

5 Likes

1 Like

The best course of action is to take legal action against PGMOL themselves.

4 Likes

It was an unfortunate sequence of events. Yes, there was a slight VAR discrepancy but this was then compounded by aggressive play from Liverpool players which resulted in disciplinary actions that were rightly applied according to the match officials and after a quick and thorough review, we see no need to any further action. Jurgen Klopp will be fined 250k and Liverpool get a 10 point deduction for bringing the game into disrepute.

Thank-you for the fish.

If its at all possible then yes RER, we need to do something.

Unfortunately Tesh that would surprise me less than anything else changing over the next few games. If anything i get the feeling the refs will be against us almost in an us against them type of thing. The game today is the first i’ve missed of the season that i could watch, it’ll be the same tomorrow. If they’re trying to drive LFC fans away then they’re going the right way about it

That’s a lot of apologies in 12 months…and that’s only the ones they’ve had the balls to admit.

I remember that Spurs Brighton game well, outfuckingragous, there were about 3 or 4 clear calls that went against Brighton that day, disgusting. In another season that right there could’ve been the difference between Brighton playing EL to them playing in that dump Spurs weren’t even good enough to qualify for.

2 Likes

I think this is why the club stuck that last part in.

Effectively a “Don’t you fucking dare or we are going fuck you over”.

2 Likes

If that happens I think the next thing we might see is LFC walk off the pitch in protest and forefeet the match.
Pointless putting bodies on the line if the outcome is already practically decided.

It’s fuck all. Looking at that you’d think we’d been fairly treated given this is the first apology we’ve had.

Pickford on VVD.
Henderson’s disallowed goal in same match.
Bobby’s disallowed goal at Villa.
Cresswell assault on Henderson.
Sanchez assault on Diaz.
Pen not given at Arsenal last season.
Arsenal’s 1st goal offside in same match.
Rashford offside goal last season.
Kane not getting sent off.
No pen for Jota in same match.
No pen at Chelsea this season.
McAllister red card.

That’s just off the top of my head. Every one of those calls were wrong despite VAR having the opportunity to call them correctly.

Cheating in plain sight.

I hope to fuck this club is serious in going after these cunts because if it’s not we may as well pack in.

6 Likes