Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

Anybody heard yet from Tubby Grant…bet he’s been told to keep schtum…

I was going to say Salford but I do wonder if he has other “interests” these days?

Everyone thinks this is about going legal or looking for a replay but while we are probably leaving that out there as speculation i doubt we have any intention of pushing it.
Escalate by asking for the audio and resolve by getting and releasing that audio.

1 Like

I’ve got a Nephew who must be the least stressed person in the world by that logic. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :joy::nerd_face:

3 Likes

What a little shit…

Season 6 What GIF by The Office
:thinking::nerd_face:

No GIF

Since when? Without the context of continuous real-time motion that is incomplete information ripe for manipulation

Also the bald fucker was right in top of that challenge and actually got it right. He actually had a better view of it than the VAR camera did.

1 Like

I do feel they had it mostly ok when they were using the evidence lie so not to overturn at least the decisions remained mostly on the field and you only got the odd thing being sent to VAR.

As I said I think it’s time to bring in this semi automated, it will make mistakes but so far it’s been pretty good in Europe from what I’ve seen.

I’d probably bin off the rest til they find someone who knows how to judge football matches.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Calling it now, they’re 100% going to use the Sunak strategy.

1 Like

Yeah for me it’s pretty simple, put VAR on hold until the automated system is approved and then only use VAR for offsides. Every week now we’re all gonna spend more time discussing referee’s over football, that’s not what we want in football.

Also it’s clear the rules need changing and simplified, how many more interviews with managers and players do you need when they say they don’t understand the handball rule? You just need 1 rule, arms which aren’t down by the side and outstretched to make yourself bigger is penalised inside or outside the box, doesn’t matter how hard the ball is hit, doesn’t matter if it’s from 0.1 yards or 100 yards. Make the rules clear and also scrap out all the natural/unnatural shit, no body wants to hear that, scrap out the 2nd phase bullshit too, no body wants to hear that. Then you’ll have your consistency because there is no room for subjectivity.

Let’s go back (for the mean time) giving control back to the ref without outside influence who isn’t the linesmans and 4th officials. What’s the point having something if we’re not using it correctly, not only that…but misusing it. Come on it’s ridiculous and like I said there’s a reason many managers want it gone, many pundits aren’t a fan of it and over 2/3s of fans want it gone.

1 Like

Pretty accurate that

1 Like

I can’t belive I agree again

Us Open Tennis Wow GIF by US Open

Who said PGMOL were the bad guys? They’re bringing the both of you together!

now kiss GIF

You were counting … ? :open_mouth:

If excessive force is present in the challenge then it’s a red card. That is the rule as written by IFAB. That has nothing to do with the PGMOL, nor can the ref be reasonably criticized for applying the rule the way they are directed to.

To that point, Bissouma’s leg bent on impact with Jones’ foot. That is one of the factors they look for. If it is present then it is almost always going to be a red. I dont like it. Especially not in a situation with such mitigating circumstances, but it is what it is. It also makes comparisons to other challenges that are completely different in nature and don’t have the same characteristics just the same or arm way stuff that makes these conversations go off track.

I like the way people say, you can’t replay the game again, it’d be unfair to Spurs.

nonsense GIF by Jaz Dhami

This is not a case of some bad luck refereeing. This is a result of not following their own proceedures which are in place to make sure these cock ups don’t happen.

As I’ve said before, it’s bent.

4 Likes

Remember Son’s tackle on Gomes at Goodison Park, resulting in a broken leg for Gomes. Son was sent off, Spurs appealed and the red card was rescinded. I’m not suggesting there was any intent on Son’s part, but his actions caused serious injury.
Comparing the two incidents, there’s no reason why Jones shouldn’t win his appeal.

9 Likes

Yeah, because Saturday’s game was totally fair.

3 Likes