Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

Allow semi-automated VAR to come in for offsides and allow VAR reviews for any card bookings given how most football players in EPL are half a decade younger than the youngest referee and how card bookings will affect the course of the match. It is embarassing for Sky Sports to have so many angles for so many people to take multiple looks at a booking but the PGMOL refuses to do so.

Bear in mind that the referees are considered to be slow pokes compared to players who are actually among the fittest man in the world.

You know we’ve been robbed when this pair are on our side

https://twitter.com/ItsDigbyAgain/status/1708179050286506125?t=kvw37qoktQ6fhRGBC3bURA&s=19

7 Likes

When even Mo gets a yellow card, you know the ref is on a power trip.

Still trying to figure out what Andy did to get his yellow. The ref blew after the first contact, when Andy had eyes only on the ball as opposed to the Spurs player.

2 Likes

I was watching it with my lad, and had a similar thing. As soon as Diaz scored I said that it looked offside, then saw the reply and set off round the room celebrating the goal. He was a yard onside.

Couldn’t believe they gave it off. Couldn’t believe it was a 10 second process.

4 Likes

And they’ll give us the same excuse they gave us last season…VAR isn’t authorized to intervene with the eye test. If the cameras are down they have to stick with the decision of the field.

Makes you want to smack you head against a wsll

3 Likes

This guy is a troll the ban stick needs waving

1 Like

They had to as the linesman had waved it offside the blind prat!
Because the linesman had waved it offside they should have checked it correctly but couldn’t be bothered or something. So frustrating!

2 Likes

Too late. Done that a few times already today.

The Spurs player leads with his elbow, eyes on Robbo. Amazing that Andy got the yellow.

6 Likes

Looks like we get Ljinders on the touchline for the rest of the season…

1 Like

Had red on I guess.

Apparently the excuse is…they wanted to keep the game flowing…

Ref too by the looks of it

1 Like

The good news from the weekend is that Man City also lost so we didn’t lose any ground and this was clearly a significantly harder game than the one they dropped.

I don’t think there is another team in this league that has shown as much talent and mental resilience as Liverpool so far, City included.

We’ve come a hell of a long way in one transfer window.

14 Likes

If that is true then the game should be replayed because for me it is now in the realms of match fixing

5 Likes

That snd Mo’s yellow were possibly the worst decisions of the day. From a long long list of shit calls

3 Likes

I wouldn’t want to get into an argument with him either. id you see how far he punched the ball after the goal?

3 Likes

Even Townsend is saying that should not
Have been a red for Jones and the goal fuck me.

4 Likes

There is a Goldbridge video slatting the calls.

5 Likes

I can see why he sent off Jones but he got that wrong too :joy: