Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

The Forest one was close; 999.
Want to go over and drag it over the line? :slightly_smiling_face:

Itā€™s weird that they removed audio from Michael Oliver :thinking:

1 Like

I donā€™t know if we have moved past the idea or the lie that they didnā€™t realise the goal was NOT given but iā€™m thinking that in the released video of them drawing their lines that that footage is what theyā€™ve seen.Itā€™s their footage as we can see them drawing their lines while at the top it also says checking disallowed goalā€“offside.
How did they not see that on the screen they were checking.

Exactly. What was England doing?

Maybe thereā€™s a need to find out if/how he made that mistake before any investigation into this is finalised.Saying he didnā€™t realise it had been given offside is not good enough.

Iā€™m sure that would be a riveting listen.

ā€œDazā€
ā€œYeah mate?ā€
ā€œWhereā€™s Oli?ā€
ā€œHere mate, wasssup?ā€
ā€œFuck I missed thatā€
ā€œAh well, great work boysā€

1 Like

The bottom line isā€¦ If those numptyā€™s in VAR didnā€™t prevent the match re-starting so the right decision was clarified, or that they ā€˜acted softā€™ knowing we had been robbed of a goalā€¦ they were probably under the impression that the worse that would happen to them, would be a slapped wrist and stood down for a week or soā€¦!

If they had of, in that time of the ā€˜Golden Minuteā€™ to call play back, and pass the onus to the referee to make a final call, if they thought LFC would respond with such a strongly worded condemnation, that actually questioned their ā€˜fit for purposeā€™ abilities, and there would be a real risk of losing their job because of incompetenceā€¦ by hook or by crook, they would have got that game stopped immediatelyā€¦!

The fact they thought their fuck-up was just another day at the office mishapā€¦ really does bring into question the calibre of the leadership that instil the rulings that these donkeyā€™s are supposed to follow.
Darren England should be sackedā€¦ full stop
Dan Cook should be sackedā€¦ full stop
Alpha Webb should be sacked, or put on a final warningā€¦
As in any business, it should not be reactively governed solely by the amount of complaints it receives, it should be pro-actively governed so the complaints never materialise in the first place

1 Like

Klopp saying in his presser that this game should have been replayed.

2 Likes

Breathing Heavy Danny Devito GIF by HULU

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Thats nonsense.
Opens up a whole can of worms every game.
We just need to move on now and not let it ruin our season.
Its a massive fuck up but they arent giving us a goal, a point or replay .

5 Likes

That was his own personnel opinion he said,not LFCs.He spoke as a football fan,not a manager.We have lads on here who have said a replay should happen and others who have said the opposite.Itā€™s all about opinions and he as well as everyone else knows itā€™s not going to happen.
I still donā€™t get why the VAR couldnā€™t have let the ref know a mistake had been made and together they could have tried to resolve it without pulling the game back and restarting from the VAR decision.

5 Likes

Heā€™s clearly had enough of the bullshit

1 Like

As it should. We should not stop until refereeing is actually competent.

5 Likes

Itā€™s an extension of the mindset drilled into these guys as they come up through the ranks. Itā€™s about following the protocol not applying your own personal decision making. The better you dot he former and the less of the latter the higher and quicker you rise in the ranks, and so the guys at this level are actually selected their ability to make a decision that produces an outcome that everyone will acknowledge is wrong if it is the closest application of the procedures.

Englandā€™s comment that he was not able to do anything was technically correct according to VAR protocol - during a review once the ref has given the order to restart the game and the game has restarted then the window for VAR input is officially closed. England having done the right thing and intervened even though the window was closed would have gone against protocol and these guys are just not capable of that sort of thinking on their feet because the ones who are are stuck down in the local leagues being disregarded by the powers that be over their preference of using ā€œcommon senseā€ over applying procedure.

2 Likes

I think as I said earlier in the thread, it would be grossly unfair on Spurs. There have been cases of games being replayed after unsporting behaviour from one team but Spurs played the game in good faith.

1 Like

So if we get a decision given against us like we did Saturday 5-6 times a season, heā€™d want all those games replayed then? Doesnā€™t this go against wanting less games to be played that he so desperately advocates for?

Canā€™t get my head around his reasoning. Use the audio to force the hands of PGMOL to make changes around communication, because by god they need helpā€¦you canā€™t change whatā€™s already happened, you can change how the future pans out, thatā€™s the silver lining here.

What protocol would he have gone against if all he done was informed the ref that the VAR decision was actually to award the goal, that they had made a mistake.All he has done is informed the ref.
Then when the ball goes out for the throw the ref then takes over and speaks to the managers and they(the managers) make a decision to do a drop ball and allow LFC to score.I donā€™t see any protocols being broken there either.
What i do agree with is that they obviously canā€™t/donā€™t think on their feet.

There was an article/post onsite yesterday about an official who made a big mistake and then went against protocol to put it right.His punishment was 14 days away from the game.These 2 guys are gonna be about the same and they didnā€™t do what was right in terms of sporting integrity.

1 Like

I suspect thatā€™s a foreign concept to the PGMOL.

The thing that puzzled me now that the Jones red was not overturned is that VAR are not allowed to get involved in the decisions for yellow card and yet they did get involved in changing the refs decision to give a yellow to Jones?

1 Like