Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

Don’t disagree.

But when United fans didn’t allow a game to happen for their reasons and issues and we had a game rescheduled for no fault of our own… I don’t think anyone considered what was our fault in that.

I know these are not similar scenarios, but just that it was never our fault that time as well. They wouldn’t care about precedents being set.

8 Likes

Welcome back! Where have you been hiding?

Hope everything was okay.

5 Likes

I never understood why that was forfeited with a 3-0 win given to us. There is clear precedent for doing that when a club is unable to fulfil one of its fixtures, and depending on the reason why has even been accompanied by an additional points deduction (see Boro in 90whatever when it sent them down)

3 Likes

Thank you. All good at my end, just some time off from posting. Took such a colossal fck up to be back :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Maybe you should change your username to reflect this.

1 Like

I guess the answer is that someone somewhere had a perverse interest in seeing United get humiliated 4-2 at home instead of just forfeiting 3-0?

1 Like

The difference is that game never kicked off, our game vs spurs was actually completed, so a fairly massive difference between the 2 situations.

Also, welcome back mate, good to see you return.

1 Like

Thank you.

I agree and hence called out that the situations are different. But it still resulted us in having to prepare for the game again, congested schedule and so on. And the reason for that was United supporters were not happy with their owners.

1 Like

I don’t expect a replay, but Klopp was right to give his opinion (not an official request from the club). At the least, it helps to keep the issue in the press. The worst thing that can happen is a shoulder shrug, nothing more being said, and then back to the shoddy system we’ve all seen, but have now had the privilege to see behind the scenes and conclude it is probably worse than we imagined.

Reform of the whole thing is needed. What that looks like exactly is anyone’s guess.

In the rules going forward there should be a way to stop the game.
In the rules going forward I don’t mind if there is a mechanism to replay a game, but the conditions will have to be carefully drawn up, to make it an extremely rare occurrence.

If the PGMOL is a private contractor, we should pursue them for damages.

If Howard Webb ends up bankrupt, we can acknowledge that he is now penniless and living under a bridge, while making sure we do not apologize :joy:

1 Like

A replay is pointless and wont happen, to do that would be a bit rough on Spurs,it was a total fuck up by Hooper and VAR…that is what needs sorting, yesterday!

It wasn’t just the goal though. The cards were also BS on top of the myriad absolutely disgusting fuck ups we’ve had under Klopp. There is clearly corruption. Unless we get every 50-50 decision plus all the others for the rest of the season then I think we must maintain the rage. Ideally we stop Klopp doing any media and have a spokesperson who just highlights the cheating and naught else. Fuck the fines etc - we should actively work to get out of the PL and leave the hydrocarbon scum behind so any sanctions may even make this easier. Burn the PL to the ground.

3 Likes

I am still trying to understand why Oli the VAR hub exec was saying to delay the game and England was refusing with his “can’t do anything, can’t do anything”. Clearly England decided process trumps everything while Oli was trying to ensure the correct decision was being made.

This is the thing that needs to change. As well as a confirmation as suggested by someone earlier in the thread such as in cricket where the on-field ref confirms before restarting play. Play restarted way too quickly for my liking. What for? To ensure the game flowed? Fuck off.

2 Likes

Because it’s clearly corrupt.

1 Like

This is the most reduculous point as the game had stopped for either a free kick or a center kick. It really doesn’t matter if play has restarted, just stop it to allow the correct decission and correct type of kick off. Any protocol that doesn’t allow this has to be deemed as stupid!
So order ref to stop play, tell him why, put the lines up for everyone to see and understand (which I don’t understand why it wasn’t done anyway as that would be clear and precise. But no Ref fucks up because VAR fucks up because it’s a lot of nonsense! (and they are cheating bees!).

2 Likes

25 seconds from the initial call to delay the game to that answer from England!

1 Like

Apparently IFAB won’t budge on this. They’re pinning this squarely on England’s monumental “cock-up” (if indeed that is what it is). They’re saying that there is nothing stopping VAR team and the on-field ref team from theoretically taking as long as it is necessary to arrive at the correct decision before restarting the match. Apparently it is so very rare what England did, it doesn’t make sense to change the rule just for that

And therefore common sense says why it should happen, because it is so rare, it isn’t like every game has this kind of cock up where the VAR haven’t got a clue with what is going on on the pitch!

1 Like

Like all they have to do on this is say

Check when called in is clarified with decision, check when reviewed is clarified with original decision and whether that’s changed or not.

The fact is they aren’t even doing that, they aren’t considering extending a time window that’s why it’s not a shut case, they aren’t reviewing anything. To them it’s fine what happened so regardless your position on everything else fans should still push this.

2 Likes

Its not rocket science, just have to listen to the rugby refs, concise to the point and are confirming througout what they are looking at and the final decision is relayed to the ref and confirmed by the ref as to what the onfield decision is going to be before they let the players know/restart

1 Like

Yeah I’m going off cricket.

Football again is letting itself down when it should be at the forefront it after all has the most money. It’s such a backward run sport.

1 Like