Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

Oh My God No GIF by Acorn TV

1 Like

peter capaldi GIF

Thats reminded me, not sure why I didn’t use more the thick of it memes on here

1 Like

Simon Cowell You Are Getting On My Nerves Right Now GIF by America's Got Talent

State of LFC fans on here worrying more about what’s fair to Spurs than LFC their own team.

You’ve allowed the constant cheating against us to wear out your expectations.

1 premier league title from Klopp’s tenure is a travesty. This team is good enough for the title this season but we’ve got no chance because of the refereeing. 4 reds in 8 games and umpteen yellows + penos not given that should’ve been.

Let’s hope we don’t miss out by 3 points.

8 Likes

We won’t. They’ll make sure we get a Champions League spot but don’t finish within 3 points of City.

3 Likes

All they need to do is make sure it is clear what they are looking for,(the ref tells them his decision ,what he has called onfield,what he is asking them to look for) and that the result is clearly relayed(spelt out if needed) to the ref by the VAR only after the VAR team has reviewed and come to agreement on a decision.
They should insert a clause which allows VAR to be reviewed immeadiately after a restart if they become aware that a significant error has occurred ,but there would need to be a time limit on it after which it cannot be reviewed.However it is unlikely that this is going to happen again as what they will put in place around using clear language will prevent that.

You’re right it isn’t but football and in particular has been hell bent on doing it “their way”.

My reasoning is they want to hide behind process instead of being visible and accountable. So I’m asking myself why are they hiding?

1 Like

100%.
Liverpool look a threat?
Fuck them over.

The corrupt cunts didn’t expect Liverpool to fight this one. And in some ways the Matip own goal has galvanised the response.
A draw would be considered brave, fair etc etc, so losing the point(s) has at least proven to be the last exasperated straw.

I don’t give a fuck how Spurs feel.
And I dont give a fuck about the “handball” in the CL final.
I dont give a fuck about anything else but putting a halt to the treatment Liverpool have received from the biased cunts over the last few years.

One replay, just one would make PL/PMGOL/UEFA/FIFA/FA sit up and take notice.
It would ensure transparency and an equity we have not enjoyed since City became a club. Since SKY and Murdoch/Ferguson invented football.

5 Likes

…and make them repay the admission fees and travel costs to the fans…
If you go the West End to watch a show, and this is blighted with technical issues, you are offered a refund…!
The PGMOL have served up a plate of dog shit… Yet they expect us to just gulp it down :0)

1 Like

… add in a poopy scoop and poop knife for the next time round!

There were two people identified as trying to get the error addressed. Both were involved in the technical implementation of VAR and are not “football people”. What you see in the exchange is the distinction between someone who intuitively understood the right thing to do and someone so brain broken by protocol that they could not recognize the obviousness of what was being said them. You could almost pick up a hoity “settle down, kid. Let the professionals deal with this.” attitude in England’s response.

2 Likes

What you also see is that VAR works. It’s the referees that aren’t functioning.

5 Likes

Just stop the “mate” shit. Yes mate. Great process mate. Men in a pub is not professional. 4 years in and how can this be allowed. Cricket. Rugby. It’s a conversation of peers to get a result. Not mates.

3 Likes

And why the feck are people not fired? I would be. Darren England. P45. Never again referee.

3 Likes

Howard Webb. Sorry. I could do a far better job. Leave.

2 Likes

News from the PL refs…Jota should not have been sent off…so are they rescinding the red…???

It’s basic communications. Not mates in a pub. 4 years on someone needs to be fired.

1 Like

U wot bruv?

The Premier League Incident Review Panel have determined on a 3-2 vote that Jota’s second yellow card was incorrect. Note, this a different body than the PGMOL, and the PGMOL will often disagree with their rulings. They also have no direct authority to do anything and so doesnt open up an avenue for an appeal that was not previously there (you cannot appeal yellow cards). I’m not ever sure what their purpose is, but it’s just more salt in the wounds.

Amusingly the IRC did not review the first yellow because they dont do the first yellow, but that was generally considered the worse of the two.

7 Likes

It is not the refs, it’s a 5 person panel consisting of 3 ex players/coaches, one representative from the PL itself and one person from the PGMOL

1 Like