Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

https://x.com/anfieldwatch/status/1709626821350724046?s=46&t=wYI1UQq4Zm7qgLRSA8YMdw

Doesnā€™t mean much when weā€™ll just end up with one of the Manchester based refs

3 Likes

Would send more of a message if he was sacked off to Sunday League for the rest of the season.

5 Likes

I agree, but sadly the talent pool is too small for them to do something like this.

That is why so many refs in England can fuck up a game and still continue reffing. Usually they will get taken out for 1-2 games then get brought back as they will be needed for rotation

3 Likes

Hooper? These fuckers are as thick as thieves. I honestly dont trust a single one of them anymore. The league is screwed as far as Iā€™m concerned.

2 Likes

So Mr. Nice Guy and best PL manager of all time, Anjy P, has confirmed that, had VAR stopped the game last week, and suggested to him (and Jurgen), that we be allowed to score a goal to rectify the mistake, he would have straight up said no.

He rambled a bit about it being clear or something - but it seems a pretty odd view from him.

"I wouldnā€™t make a decision that could potentially send a club down on the back of what my beliefs are.

What beliefs? That if someone fucks up and it suits your situation, youā€™re happy to stay silent and take the freebies, but if shoes on the other foot, no thanks!?

6 Likes

I could very much understand someone saying no in the moment. It is such an unusual request, one that feel like a gut punch, that you could understand someone reacting emotionally to make a bad decision. After a weekā€™s reflection though? Thatā€™s just shit bag stuff.

4 Likes

I think he just letting the PGMOL that he is firmly in their corner on this debacle

1 Like

Watch out Luton you are going to get screwed over

1 Like

Hope Spurs get done by a terriblle decision. Letā€™s see his reaction then.

Hypocrisy GIF

6 Likes

His reputation of a mr nice guy went after his post match interview where he was bemoaning the fact he had to play against 9 men and how hard it was

6 Likes

Iā€™m genuinely wondering what the club plans to do now. I think it was stressed in the pre-match press conference for Union Saint-Gilloise that we were reviewing all the information we were given, but what then?

1 Like

Keep them guessing, on their toes?

3 Likes

What ever they decide to doā€¦
it has to include the ramifications of how it might impact us at the end of the season, surely

Given Klopps post match comments, beyond engaging with PGMOL and Webby boy on ammended protocols to ensure it doesnā€™t happen again, i think its over.

If it is over @rupzzz i just hope the refs dont go all out to make sure we lose the title by more than 3 points. Theyā€™ll know if we lose it by less than that weā€™ll be blaming this game and would almost definitely look at recouping any financial loss.

Have to say iā€™m disappointed in Ange over his comments too. I think Klopp in the opposite situation would allow them to score (we have been guilty of being too nice in the past but i think most would agree with Klopp over this). Just hope something just as bad happen to Spurs and see how Ange likes being on the receiving end.

1 Like

Which match?

Last nights match.

3.30ish onwards re being grown ups, over it, and that they had questions that needed answers, which they got.

at 4:44ā€¦
has that guy asking the question been using a laughing gas balloon :0)

Postecoglu = cunt.

3 Likes