Post Match: Villa v Liverpool (EPL 26/12/22 5.30pm)

Did we have to make it so difficult???

Ifti, how long have you been watching us?

Is that you tictac Tim?

1 Like

The fact is that if you are two up at half time away from home, there is going to be a reaction and you can expect an onslaught from the opposition.

That’s OK, it’s a football match and there are two teams and all that. We just to be a bit better at clearing our lines and more authorative in those battles.

The way some go on in the match thread, it’s like they expect the opposition not to create a chance.

5 Likes

Has no one ever told you?
It’s better when it’s hard.

1 Like

I like how the media is gushing over how Villa attack just lacked some finishing whereas, if Darwin would take half his, we would have scored 6 goals.

3 points, all that matters at this point!

The winning streak is still in single digits for now… but not for much longer these lads know what is needed from them.
Still think that defeat in the CL final and the way they lost was a real kick in the guts to a lot of the players… Lets keep winning in the PL and lay the ghost of last seasons final by knocking out RM in March
We can then peep how far off the top of the league we are then with a spring in our step.

2 Likes

Jurgen Klopp on Jordan Henderson:

“Today Hendo had a cold as well, a real cold, and that’s why you could see for 50, 60 minutes he was great and then all of a sudden somebody pulled the plug and we had to change there.”

3 Likes

Important win. Rather frantic at times. Created a number of chances however we conceded a number as well. The win was more than fair.

Should have been 4-1 up at half time and probably should have won 7-2 that’s how I saw it.

We will hype McGinn’s chance but not our own but we certainly deserved to win by at least 2 goals if not more.

4 Likes

Yet Joel was nowhere when Watkins scored and the same was for the header Watkins missed in the 1st half, Gomez would have been lambasted for dling the same. Otherwise I thought Joel was excellent.

It does seem that our CB’s are losing their man on crosses they just seem to go to sleep.

Defenders hate playing against pace then add in his movement and size and he becomes a nightmare for them

1 Like

Only saw the highlights, but it looked like most of Darwin’s misses were actually offside. Is that right?

1 Like

Wasn’t confident of winning this one, but very happy to have been wrong.
Trent back to his frustrating best and worst.
Sublime pass to Robbo, but fuck me that boy is a fucking awful defender.

Still, 3 points is moving in the right direction.

A couple were, but there were two or three that should have been buried.

Most were on from what I remember,

Volley from the sky
The near post free kick from Trent
When he was set away from his own half by Mo

Which others were there?

The early chance from Robbo he dummied.

Worried that Villa created so many chances against our first-choice backline. Bajcetic :partying_face: :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

2 Likes

Had to have dinner and missed the second half. Really annoyed to have missed Bajcetic’s debut goal. Great goal though.

Finish dinner, start a jigsaw puzzle, and decide to read the post-match news slow. Go onto forums to discover that we’ve signed a new player???

Happy with any win atm but fuck me, 3 minutes into the 2nd half they’d had a goal disallowed, missed a sitter and put another into the side netting.
We are half asleep at the start of both halves and nothing seems to be being done to address it.