Post match: West Ham v Liverpool (27/4/24 12.30pm)

Not if the whistle had been blown which it had.

1 Like

Wow Joeā€¦
Have you not seen the incident today?
Salah went to the stands and got a stepladder and climbed up to headbutt Klopp.
Then he pulled out a Colt 45 and shot him before Gerrard ran in from the side with a contract.
Harrowing stuff.

Bet Darwin wouldā€™veā€¦

The whistle was already blown well before he could have scored VAR couldnā€™t have got involved then.

1 Like

Same as previous games failure to put the ball in the net cost us.

This is the problem with modern internet fans. Itā€™s great you like Gravenberch - so do I. You donā€™t have to express your appreciation for Ryan by slagging off Harvey. We need them both.

And again this is all recency bias. Before this month, after a string of impressive sub appearances, they was a clamour for him to start games.

Bottom line is you donā€™t get to make 100 appearances for Liverpool before the age of 20 if you are not an exceptionally talented young footballer.

Iā€™m old enough to remember Liverpool teams that always seemed to carry a percentage of bang average footballers. Youā€™d have your Gerrards, and Torresā€™ and Suarez, and Alonsos, but they always seemed to be surrounded by crap. Jurgenā€™s greatest gift for us (and the scouts and analysts take a lot of credit too) is that for the last five years this has really been the only time I remember there not been a scrap of fat on the squad. No passengers.

Elliott is very much part of that. It doesnā€™t matter that he isnā€™t getting in a cup final team and his best position is on the bench. We need 23 quality footballers, and he is definitely one.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s my point, itā€™s taking the yellow card to prove a point and make it a contentious incident.

Youā€™re expecting him to calculate all the possible ramifications of his action in the space of a couple of seconds when all his training and experience tells him to play to the whistle.
Yes, it would have been cool if heā€™d smashed it into the net, taken the yellow card and shown the ref to be a fool, but he couldnā€™t have known that.

1 Like

It would be good to hear from those who go to matches whether Virg organises whilst the game is being played or after the fact as we do seem disorganised defensively.

We currently have a soft underbelly, whilst not being either lucky or clinical

1 Like

Missedā€¦

He wouldā€™ve hassled the goalieā€¦and might have scoredā€¦might have!!!

The Mo incident is a shame, its not nothing, and for my money, not that i can have any way of confirming it, but for my money looking at the way Klopp heads over to him and says something, Klopp isnt whispering sweet nothings to himā€¦ maybe hes heard Mo having a whinge, maybe hes upset Mo took so long to get ready, but im looking at the moment and i dont think hes being positiveā€¦ that saidā€¦who cares.

the Elliot discussionā€¦to me he struggles a bit that high up the park, and i know i wanted a change at half timeā€¦at 55 minutesā€¦at 60 minutesā€¦at 65 (well, you get the point)

on the Gakpo incident, i have no idea, even with the benefit of seeing explanations, of what i just witnessedā€¦advantage called for what exactly? there was no foulā€¦lets just assume the players injured, and theres no foul, thats a drop ball isnt it? maybe it isnt if its the keeper in the box? thats about all i can conjure upā€¦ but even given that, the keepers not injured enough to stay down and he releases the ballā€¦surely the play shouldnt be stopped for an injury

its just a bizzarre sequence of events which the end result of Gakpo being told not to approach a lose ball thrown by a keeper completely in control, not injured and having not been fouled just doesnt approach passing the smell test.

Gakpo 150% should have put the thing in the netā€¦ i doubt he would have got a yellow, but even if he did, its a yellow worth takingā€¦

As usual the silence from the club is deafening.

If there was a title awarded for being the most gutless, spineless, cowardly, snivelling shower of fucking shithouses on the planet then Liverpool Football Club would piss it every year.

There is literally no fucking point anymore.

1 Like

Isnā€™t it weird that a ref decides that a player needs treatment when the player in question doesnā€™t and is on his feet, shocking refereeing

3 Likes

The sad thing is that there are supposed Liverpool fans who meekly accept the corruption and thereby normalise it.

1 Like

I think the gutless silence from the club is even worse.

1 Like

stop moaning

And as Iā€™ve said before, its the people who expected us to do what no other PL team ever has done - a quadruple - that set themselves up for this disappointment.

Lots of people went from expecting us to just get into the Top 4 to expecting the league title. Weā€™re still a team that finished 5th last season.

Won a cup and will be back in the CL next season. Kept up in the title race until the last few weeks of the season.

Could it have been better? Sure. A cup and a title challenge is still a good season though.

7 Likes

I donā€™t know who you are.

Thatā€™s not up to your usual standard. Every poster should be respected equally, except for @Alright_Now_Legend and @The-AllMightyReds .

3 Likes