Post match: West Ham v Liverpool (27/4/24 12.30pm)

I’m sure we’ll be all over it.

Trent is coming back from a significant injury, and is undoubtedly on a programme of staged reintroduction. 60-70 mins about what you expect from him at this point.

Diaz has to played a lot of football recently, and was probably expecting to come off.

3 Likes

Notably he had his back to play when Areola threw it away and so when he turned around he didn’t understand what was happening so he blew his whistle. Terrible refereeing regardless of what he wants to do with his final decision.

4 Likes

Let’s pause for a second and consider what would be happening now had this happened to Nottingham Forest.

1 Like

terrible terrible officiating

hahahah… you had to go there, didnt u

Journo’s still trying to provoke a reaction from Klopp asking about the title race.

I want to fucking shoot som…must stay calm

Interesting take on this! Where’s the leadership?

VVD and Robbo was busy trying to wake everyone up. TAA was silent as fuck.

Slot should probably reconsider the vice-captaincy once he comes aboard.

Someone GIF

But, have you considered the ref once, arguably, gave a drop ball incorrectly 4 minutes before they conceded a goal once?

At this point we are all looking for explanations for what we are witnessing…

I don’t think it’s the case, for whatever it’s worth…
It doesn’t make sense in any way, not does the collapse time itself with the announcement. Players knew since November. We were winning games and scoring for fun… It’s much much later than the announcement to be related…

We started the game well for a change. Diaz in particular was causing West Ham problems. Gollum ordered the narrowing of the pitch it seemed to me. The Bowen goal stemmed from switching off. First losing the ball under no pressure, then lack of concentration at the corner, allowing Bowen to head like he was Lee Chapman in his prime.

Half time, must’ve been a good team talk. Came out like a different team, and turned the game around. From 65 minutes, a lot of us in the in-match thread was commenting on players looking tired and the need for fresh legs. Then from the 75th minute, West Ham had a sustained spell on the ball for the first time in the game. We had a chance to play out from the back, but in our rush, gave the ball away, then Antonio scored with an excellent header.

Anthony Taylor waving play on, and then going over to tell Areola to go down and request the physio to cover his absurd whistle. Oh, and then allowing time wasting as usual and yet still blowing.
Mo and Klopp tiff is nothing for me. Both winners, it happens, carry on. As Klopp has said, it’s all over. For me, Klopp did excellent with the turnaround, but the game management after that with regards to subs was strange, especially with the strong bench.

2 Likes

The FA Cup loss at United started this huge drop off. I think without that mad few minutes this season would still be all to play for…and may even have ended with us top. Everyone looked shell shocked after that.

6 Likes

Garbage defending.

Well it had gone at Everton. Just hope we can hold on to 3rd.

I think it is a version of why it is so hard for a team to repeat as champions. The broader arc takes focus off the individual games and creates a new form of pressure. This team is clearly wilting under that pressure, with the initial struggles in this slump simply snowballing.

1 Like

They are both winners. When things don’t go the right way, these things happen. Klopp has already said in the post match interviews that they have spoken and it’s all in the past.

To me, it’s similar to the Mane - Salah tiffs. After each one, people would go on and on about it, yet the next game we’d just carry on as normal.

3 Likes

How one reacts is a choice… it’s a pity they chose to collapse…win the league, or even the Europa League, and the FA Cup loss won’t matter one bit…
Way to make it significant…

Especially as Taylor walks up to Areola, whispers sweet nothings in his ear, then magically Areola is rolling about on the floor in need to treatment.

1 Like

Also the way that camera was shaking around, you are delivering a top quality product that is fucking shocking.

It went off when they scored the second as it was making me nauseated

Would have been ruled out as the ref blew before cody touched it.