Post match: West Ham v Liverpool (27/4/24 12.30pm)

I feel that his physical decline has been overblown, but he has been rushed back a little and is far from any sort of peak form. Ideally we would have had other players to fill the gap to give him a little more breathing room to recover that form, but it isn’t really possible at the moment is it?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/LewisSteele_/status/1784223300471738851

So you have no clue why Salah reacted like he did, but you know enough to say he thinks hes bigger than the club.

4 Likes

He was clearly upset that he thought he should be starting. Is that even in doubt?

I know folks on here will get pissy with me, but the truth is, right now, salah is more valuable to us as an asset we can sell this off-season. We as a club and fans tend to hold onto players for too long and that was the argument between klopp and Edwards as well. Is he still a good player? Yes, he is, but it is time to turn the page, i feel.

1 Like

Klopp said something to him before he acted out.

1 Like

Well that was another disappointment.

I was impressed with Robertson and thought he seemed to be running the left wing in the second half with Diaz slightly more central. This seemed to work well.

As ever, the main talking points seem to be dodgy refereeing. This is why I find the Premier League largely unwatchable.

Overall, though, I think the team looks spent. I’m actually beginning to think that the number of early conceded goals and late winners have been taking their toll, purely because our lads have had to play that much more football.

If we are getting to the last 20 minutes of a game with a couple of goals lead, it’s easy enough just to take the foot off the pedal and pass it around. But we aren’t doing that, and all those extra full throttle minutes mean more tired legs, more injuries, and ultimately a group of players with nothing else left to give.

I think we need one more win to tie up third, which is well within my expectations of a good campaign back in August. I’m more gutted about missing out on the Europa League, which I thought we had a decent shot at.

3 Likes

How do you get that from the exchange with no sound. Unfortunately its open season on the clubs greatest player in recent history and its conformation bias from you to fit your agenda he thinks hes bigger than he is.

Obviously. But clearly Klopp said something to trigger him. Out of character for Mo. Has always been pretty chilled

1 Like

The speculation is that Klopp went to encourage him. Mo blew a gasket. I think it’s very obvious that Mo wasn’t impressed at spending 70mins on the bench.

Exactly but thats not fitting the Salah bashing narrative.

Is this true?

Mo Salah: “If I speak today, there will be fire.”

yes

A decent offer and I reckon he’s gone this summer. Edwards would have driven him to Saudi last summer for some of those figures being mooted. Imagine he’d do the same this summer if those offers were approaching half the figure being thrown round last year.

Feels like it’s the right time for all parties. The big issue though is who would you replace him with and what if there’s some truth to the Diaz rumours too. Do you risk having to replace both wingers in one summer?

1 Like

#bots

1 Like

So going on speculation from others who are kicking Mo you have agreed its all Mo fault.

Edwards wasn’t at the club last summer
Season 1 Lol GIF by NBC

I read somewhere that Slot loves his wingers, so would not be surprised if we sign a couple anyway

The performance just wasn’t good enough. Chances not taken. Defensively poor. Pretty flat overall and the season looks like it’s just tailing off.

I’m not sure that’s the case though? I think all of our players do think they deserve to be starting, look at Wijnaldum against Barcelona for just the most famous example. If they weren’t that competitive they wouldn’t be with us.