Post match: West Ham v Liverpool (27/4/24 12.30pm)

Yeah, the oddness of Taylor’s decision should not mask the trouble we created for ourselves. Even with the usual suspects out we missed a succession of good chances (see Grav doing whatever that was when free in the 6 yard box and not even getting it on target) and conceded two poor goals. We should have been out of sight long before that incident

2 Likes

https://x.com/j_castelobranco/status/1784227385115607164

Think the “fire” comment is being blown out of proportion. It’s said with a smile and not exactly through gritted teeth or with any venom.

I read that as to talk about it immediately after the match just fans the flames they’ve extinguished by talking about it in the dressing room.

7 Likes

Klopp could have told Salah off for taking too long preparing to come on which resulted in the game resuming and West Ham scoring.

It’s idle speculation either way. Too much is made of an inconsequential incident, there are far bigger problems than this.

1 Like

Didn’t Klopp say as much in an interview after being asked? For sure someone did…in a TV discussion…
Can’t remember who…

No, it doesn’t fit the narrative so I reject that.

WAR in Liverpool dressing room between STAR PLAYER and DEPARTING MANAGER

yep… context is everything after watching that

1 Like

‘The FA Cup loss at United started this huge drop off.’

Exactly this , and then compounded by not putting them to the sword in the first half in the league game. The Atalanta fuck up inbetween was entirely predictable too.

1 Like

I what do you think he’s kicking off about?

Mo Salah has, on more than one occasion, thrown his toys out when he’s been subbed off. He wants to be on the pitch. He backs himself 100%. It’s part of what makes him such a special footballer.

It’s conjecture that he was angry about being a sub today, but it is the most likely reason he had a massive rant at Klopp.

3 Likes

If he’d have told the squad, it would have got out. In his interview he said he told the owners in November.

1 Like

yes, I think carra insinuated that as well, that maybe salah took too long to get ready

1 Like

Let’s go on his actions, what we all saw with our own eyes.

Is that the behavior we want to see? Nope.
It is hot headed and indulgent, and puts the manager in a shit position, as it is a talking point he has to deal with in interview? Yep.

In sports there will always be these kind of things. It is understandable.

A line can be drawn under it if we take the cue of the manager. Klopp didn’t talk about it publicly, but he did say he spoke with the player in the dressing room.

That should end it. Professional. Strong. But also protects the player and the club, in its unwillingness to air dirty laundry in public.

Ideally Mo adds an apology to say feelings running high, sorry to the manager, we move on.

Even if Mo is in no mood to apologize, or sees no reason, fine, don’t then. The manager has still drawn a line under the incident.

However… with Mo’s comment, if I speak there will be fire, the matter is now not dealt with, and in fact is a brewing story.

I love Mo. legend. Such a good player. Etc.

But this is not good enough from him.

4 Likes

Ok, so that’s what I remember with November, in that case thanks for correcting the inaccuracy on my part.

Regardless, you can see that whether the players knew in November or when announced, my point was that it doesn’t make sense it was the cause of our troubles, as we kept winning and scoring for fun until March. March we kept winning, less convincingly, like “champions” it was called, then April we started collapsing starting at the FA Cup game vs UTD…how can that be related to the announcement, whether the players knew in November or when it was announced, I don’t see, and that was my point.

1 Like

‘Salah rejects Klopp making him the scapegoat for the team’s collapse’ 'Close friends with Salah reveals his disappointment at feeling betrayed by Klopp’s sudden departure this end season ’

For the tenth time.

PGMOL have a direct line to Sky, as Keys has said before. They’ll slant it in a direction that PGMOL wants to prevent (and there are always idiots) from going too far on refs.

I see it as a none story. Some players have the will to win and that’s what makes them good. These things happen from time to time. Klopp was probably frustrated as well at his own inactionfor not bringing subs on quicker (every man and his dog could saee we needed fresh legs 10 minutes before the goal) and Mo with his own scoring form int he last few games. So two guys that are winners that have both made errors, and you get these things.

1 Like

I’ve noticed this happen a few times now.

So it could quite possibly be this, I remember them looking to come on in another game recently and it took them about 5-6 mins, might have been Fulham.

As alluded to above, we want players who are unhappy to be subbed, don’t want to be subs and have absolute self confidence. But there’s a line and that show from Salah crosses it. We all know it, there’s some big changes ahead. Buckle up nutters, we’re in for a wild ride.

1 Like

is jota back next sunday?

since his goal at fulham ryan has really been a bright spark… with his technical ability he will enjoy playing for slot

4 Likes

Somewhat doubt it. Villa was the suggestion.

1 Like