Post match: West Ham v Liverpool (27/4/24 12.30pm)

Yes. He immediately raises his right arm to shoulder height, which is the signal that an advantage is being played. The problem is the keeper stays down and both Gapko and Ogbonga stop playing and stand over the him to see if he needs help at which point it is clear there is no advantage but the ref didn’t seem to be looking

It’s properly terrible refereeing

1 Like

Had this been Alison, the game would be 3-2 to West Ham.

Taylor apeears to be telling Areola to go on the floor and waving the physio on before he has even spoke with Areola.

3 Likes

In the past month I’ve gone from:

We going to win the quad.
We going to win the treble.
We going to win the double.
We going to make top 3.
We going to make top 4.
CL is in our hands.
At least we have the cup and some type of Europe.

1 Like

Probably ok with Spurs considering they play Arsenal and Man City.

I assume we will get a point at home to Wolves.

1 Like

Surely it’s two arms for advantage?

1 Like

Third, with the cup in the bag.

1 Like

Harvey Elliott isn’t good enough to be starting games for LFC.

There is no injury/fatigued excuse for him, he just doesn’t cut it.

No pace, no strength, very short, no right foot & because of these things all he can really do is cut in and clip one in and he’s unable to hold the ball up/win duels.

His best trait will always be his energy and work rate but that’s not enough, Diaz on the other side gets far more stick for doing a lot less wrong.

1 Like

We are definitely the team to play right now.

You are probably right, but he is good enough as a rotational option, especially with a few of them out of sorts. I’m not fully decided if he is better in the wide midfield or a more advanced role. Probably the former.

It was for Kuyt!

Kuyt’s best trait, much like Szobo lately, was his astonishing good looks and his finely groomed set of hair.

Kuyt had the IQ, smart movement and he could finish a bit too.

When Harvey plays wide in a front 3, he looks like a lost lamb.

True, but the dissapointment is from the long haul - the inital low expectations, then the midfield clicking right from the get go, injuries hittng but somehow we are not only surviving but thriving, and players ready to come back.

Then the double whammy of losing the ability to score and conceding through the few chances we allow the opposition.

We’ve just simply run out of steam from the adrenaline of January to March. The base is still there. Those talking of complete revolution in the players are throwing toys out the pram. A new manager will get a two or three players at most.

Unless they want to do a Souness 2.0. Let’s get rid of Peter Beardsley again - no thanks.

4 Likes

Elliot has lovely hair …

1 Like

Spot on.

You see, you would never see an exchange like this on Blue Loon.

You can’t be that size and recover from carrying a man purse.

Harvey wide right didn’t work. He does his best work slightly back. The issue with today’s game for me was we needed to make at least one sub as soon as we got ahead. That was obvious to see.

I feel Klopp waited too long as he felt that the team gave a good performace after the break (which they certainly did). IN the lead up to the goal when Klopp finally decided to make the changes, West Ham had their best possession of the ball.

Alison could have caught it and stopped the tide, and their was a situation of the left (I think maybe Andy) where we got the ball back, and someone tried to amke a progressive pass rather than a safe one (when we’ve been pulled out of positon and back tracking for 3 minutes) and then Antnio scored with a wonderfully taken header.

On to the next game. We’ve got a whole week to prepare so work can be done on the training pitch.

2 Likes

There are different expectations for Diaz. Of course, he’s going to be held to a higher standard.

By the way, Elliott is 11th in minutes played and 2nd in appearances. He’s featured a lot for a squad player so your assertion that he isn’t fatigued isn’t necessarily accurate. And yes he was really poor today, although had that rocket went in instead of the bar, everyone would be singing his praises.

There are higher standards of Diaz sure, that doesn’t mean he becomes scapegoat number 1 consistently when we fail to win when you have Harvey who escapes criticism every time. We’re not going to be able to say he’s just a 19/20 year old kid for much longer…for an experienced player he still has a lot he needs to improve.

He’s featured a lot…from the bench as the 11th in minutes would suggest…today was his 6th start in the league and we’re effectively in May, any player with the 11th most minutes in a team can’t be excused with fatigue.