Post match: Wolves v Liverpool (FAC 17/1/23 7.45pm)

Klopp post match when asked what he thought of Steve Nicol’s pre match thought the line up was “giving the FA cup up”

4 Likes

Disagreed.

I don’t think Fabinho played bad but I think those two players pressed well.

Our weakest player is as Tsimkas though it doesn’t massively concern me as Robbo hasn’t been the major issue for us.

It was then compounded by Steve Nicol saying that Klopp doesn’t care about the FA Cup and his team selection tonight showed it. Barmy stuff. Had to turn it off.

It’s like they didn’t watch the last 3 games.

Next game that midfield should keep their place. Slide Gakpo out left, stick Nunez in the middle, and give Elliott chance on right again. Thought he was bright, even though Salah will be back in.

Milly at fullback???

Bajcetic and Keita unsurprisingly were a huge upgrade in the midfield, hopefully both are ready to play again against Chelsea at the weekend. Elliot has played himself into contention on one of the wings as well.

2 Likes

He didn’t do anything wrong.

I do wonder if Trent is injured hence why Milner went off early after all I’d stick with Konate and Gomez who looked the best pairing at the back in a while.

The CM really should remain if Bajectic is ok, Hendo if not considering he had a whole rest.

Robbo back in at left back and I expect Gakpo, Nunez and Salah though who knows maybe Elliott will slot in and they put Salah down the middle with Nunez left

2 Likes

Looked like we were 451 and then a loose 433/442 after the changes. We lost a bit of the press with the changes but a good compact game for the most part.

Will be interesting how we line up for the w/e - probably unlikely we will be the same young side that starts and probably not the 451 either…

1 Like

Fabinho lacked any sort of composure, just kept hoofing it away and letting runners go. Massive difference to the 18 year old who showed him up.

Though Gakpo showed glimpses, but he’s a Bobby not a Nunez… needed runners off him.

2 Likes

I believe i mentioned the mids and attacking 3?..

1 Like

Elliot, like Thiago need footballers that pass to feet and move and then their quality shines so Naby was a big bonus to us today as all 3 play a similar style of footy, then add in Bacjetic and it was great to see

Don’t think even Milly at GK deserves three question marks

Nope thats why he should be considered a starter against Chelsea

Fabinho played one great pass to Doak in fairness, which is about as much as Gakpo did all game.

I have to agree, I felt really confident with Kelleher in goal. First clean sheet in a while too

6 Likes

Seems to be far more comfortable than he used to look even last season.

We were 4 5 1 defensively when we weren’t pressing high

Elliott was bright and it was a sweet hit but under no circumstance should Salah be dropped for him unless he’s nursing some kind of knock.

1 Like

The chance Wolves created that Jimenez headed onto Gomez - the build up was helped by Fabinho immediately allowing a midfielder to run into the space on the edge of the box. Then a few minutes later he was walking back while another midfielder made that same run. It’s not a new problem for Fab, he did this even when he was playing well, but I find it so frustrating.