Post match: Wolves v Liverpool (FAC 17/1/23 7.45pm)

We won a football match!

Let’s not get too head of ourselves, but the shape was much better. As was the effort all round.

Dare I say, I quite like the Thiago/Bajcetic combination. Legs + expertise = profit (?!)

2 Likes

Thats what I meant as the poster mentioned who should start in Midfield and I mentioned Milly full back

1 Like

My point wasn’t that he played well, just that he wasn’t the only one who wasn’t that good. If Gakpo wasn’t new everyone would acknowledge he was a bit crap, and all Salah did was let the ball bounce off him. Fabinho shouldn’t be singled out as the only player who didn’t do well, there was a couple.

Fortunately, only a couple. Most of the side tonight were excellent.

That’s why I’d consider Nunez on the left, you accommodate your players in form and Elliott deserves to start.

Salah in the middle might also bring more out of him.

Sorry misread.

Ah, i thought you were questioning Millie as a rb

Everyone who’s going slightly OTT on the performance tonight, (including Klopp) must have watched the Brighton game again just before kick off. We were much better but sorry Jürgen we didn’t control the game for long periods.

Yeah I know you weren’t praising him for that performance, he just annoys me more than any other player. I can’t resist pointing out how shit some of what he does is, its the only thing that soothes me :joy:

1 Like

Phew! A bit of relief watching that. Midfield looked really good first half, would start the same 5 at the weekend. Bajetic has taken the shirt from Fab as far as I’m concerned.

Tsmikas was the only one who didn’t play well (Gakpo still gets the new boy excuse).

Fair points.

I thought Gakpo was fine. Played a few nice little passes and Interchanged with mids nicely a couple times. Had a really horrible shot. Wasn’t bad, but didn’t think he was that good either where I’d say he had a fairly ho hum game.

1 Like

Nah sorry, no chance, bar the last 10mins when they threw everything at us we weren’t threatened at all. That was all from our pressing and compact shape. We were vastly better than the last two games,

1 Like

So let me flip this argument and ask you the question, for the long periods of the game you don’t think we controlled, do you think Wolves were in control?

We went 1-0 up early on, they had to come onto us and ok they had a bit more possession, never did anything with the ball…

Did our gialie have to make one save?

I’m comparing to Wolves at home.

Performances were chalk and cheese and gives me hope.

They created very little and Kelleher didn’t have to make a tough save, just had to mop up.

Klopp wanted a more composed, attritional performance and he got that. We didn’t go chasing the game like headless chickens as well like we have done, pressed them and broke up play and got attacking at them, second half we had the lead and said break us down and they couldn’t. Outlet like Nunez on could be vital in that situation.

3 Likes

The BBC said they didn’t realise Richard Keys was showing his daughter’s friend around.

1 Like

Moment of the game is that rugby idiot Traore putting in a boner of a cross, trying to pick out a Wolves player and ending up hitting Ben Doak of all people on the opposite side. Almost put him through on a counter attack.

:joy:

2 Likes

:rofl:

You could of added d) scoring first.

2 Likes

A win, a clean sheet. :ok_hand: Next round is in Brighton though… :see_no_evil:

Anyway, that’s what I wanted: making small steps towards rediscovering what makes out our game. The youngsters acquitted themselves well and Klopp found the right mix for this game, well done!

Upwards and onwards, hopefully the lads can translate this upward trend in terms of collective performance into the next game.

2 Likes

Isn’t that implied by (a) AND (b) being true?