Pre- and In-Match - Arsenal v Liverpool - EPL - Sunday Oct 9 @ 16:30 GMT @ Emirates

Well, it was good while it lasted…2-1 now…

Edit: Final score 3-2 for United, well, we tried…

Arteta resting some key players tonight.

So around half a team, like we usually do.

I’d expect 4-5 of those to start against us.

Mostly their 2nd side isn’t it, as expected.

I only see Gabriel Xhaka and Martinelli starting Sunday & they’ll probably only play 60mins or so.

discuss the merits of individual player identity in enabling football fluidity and tactical anarchy as the modern day tactical answer to calculated control…

2 Likes

We will finally click and dust em.

Remember last year they lost there first 2 or 3 and the media went nuts and the manager was useless, Xhaka a liability blah blah.

Now they have had a soft run and all of a sudden SuperCoach and Xhaka is a great leader, Brazilian this and that. Fuck off.

But our defence needs to get organised and harden up a bit.

0-2 it is then.

1 Like

I also supported Omonoia when I was leaving there back in the 70’s.

4 Likes

I can not disagree with the notion of starting with the same 11. But as you allude to in you formation, I would be keen to involve Bobby.
Recently he has been scoring/assisting and so deserves to start. I actually think playing him behind Nunez could be a great combination, Nunez could potentially stretch the pitch, allowing Bobby to drop into the hole and do what he does best.
On a separate note, as good as Elliott has been and Carvahlo’s cameos have been I would for the short term go back to basics.

There are 3-4 Cypriot clubs in the EL and ConL. Some of the bigger nations don’t have as many.

1 Like

He was a bullshitter and ended up getting rumbled. I think it was the story about being given a champions league final ticket as thanks for giving a supermodel a guitar lesson while hiking across Paraguay that did it.

god he was entertaining wasnt he…

remember his stuff about john Lennon and guiter playing…

what really pushed it for most i think was when Geebo posted a lovely little acoustic guiter song he put his heart and soul into and CP gave it the big ‘its cute for that kind of beneath me level shite’

and didnt he know some genius he asked us to google so he could prove that extreme overachievers (like he) could exist.

LOL…didnt he also watch 3 million home games whilst growing up at the same time whilst back packing around the world ----not the commercial tourist route mind, we’re talking the ‘real’ backpacking experience---- and designing andriod apps…

not that he put my nose outta joint or anything…

5 Likes

I remember when Dane, I think it was, asked some kind of tech question, and Pete responded with: “I could help you, but I won’t, so you’re fucked, haha”, or something like that.

Genuinely one of the strangest people I have ever encountered online.

6 Likes

yes.

brilliant.

‘i could help you, but i wont so your fucked’

i gotta use that somewhere.

2 Likes

God yes. As someone who writes songs, but doesn’t have balls to actually put them out there, that properly triggered me. I went in a bit strong.

1 Like

LOL…

as if hes gonna publish for free on here…

No I meant me. :no_mouth:

This was my signature on TIA for years. Brilliant line.

3 Likes

yeah i know that, but as pointed out at the time, its not like CP uploaded his back catalogue.

I know alot of Arsenal fans. I am dreading this match. The footie pundits are predicting beating by Arsenal. I am hoping the CL win this week might lift the team spirits up.

Edit: I remember Cardiff Pete, strange fellow. He lost me on the guitar thread, trying to tell about guitars, then he went off tangent when he started talking about world music, then he went on about girl bands from Japan and he dated alot women from different parts of the world or something like that. Then, a whole scale argument broke with him and other members.

1 Like

It can only do that, otherwise we’re looking at an attitude problem within the group.

1 Like