Pre- and In-Match | Liverpool vs Bournemouth | Saturday August 19th 15:00

We are signing Endo to counter the very thing you are highlighting.

He is aggressive, gets his tackles in, will not allow teams to run through us, and has the legs to run all day.

I hope for one more midfielder, and a defender too, but even with the addition of an unheralded player like Endo, the midfield blend looks so much better.

I remember the old Shankly analogy. We have plenty of players who can play the piano. Endo is one to carry it.

3 Likes

If Jones is out with the ankle issue and Thiago and Baj aren’t ready to start yet, I’d prefer Elliot in midfield over Gakpo. I thought Elliot was excellent against Chelsea and we regained control of that match when he came on.

Gakpo is our best 9 at the moment, and for me Gakpo and Salah should be locks to start most matches in attack. Then take your pick of Jota, Diaz and Nunez on the left. I’d prefer Jota for this match as I trust him to give more defensive support to Elliot and Robbo on that side, but all 3 would play at some point in the match.

If we had MacAllister or Jones in that attacking left position who offer a bit more defensively than Elliot, then give me Diaz or Nunez over Jota.

2 Likes

Or Howard Webb’s.

Thomas Bramhall is affiliated to Sheffield and Hallamshire FA, which is South Yorkshire. Howard Webb is an ex-sergeant with South Yorkshire Police. Irvine Patnick, who was responsible for the lies and smear campaign printed in the S*n, was MP for Sheffield Hallam at the time. Small world innit?

This bloke has come from nowhere. He reffed a few PL games last season but they all involved teams at the bottom of the table. This is the first time he’ll have reffed one of the top sides. Had to be us didn’t it?

Wouldn’t be surprised at all if this prick was fast-tracked by the bald cheat and no doubt grew up with a big poster of Uncle Howard on his bedroom wall.

2 Likes

Didnt see Matip (or Jones) in the inside training video on the offal.

Oh dear, has Matip tripped over a sock in the dressing room?

A cotton buds worth of cotton wool fell off his left leg!

Ok

Obama Reaction GIF

If you can’t see the potential for historical bias/prejudice then that’s fine.
I wouldn’t trust Webb as far as I could throw him, he was his day’s version of Taylor, Tierney, Kavanagh etc.
I’ve no doubt Weɓb and Bramhall are well aquainted. Who knows the level of influence?
Bramhall might be fine but I’m uneasy with his background. We’ll see soon enough.

3 Likes

Oh of course but then every referee at a certain level will be.

Web’s spent most of Bramall’s years in America. Apparently he went over and reffed in the J League he also gave up teaching to become a ref he seems like he’s worked his way there.

He might be generally crap, he might be corrupt but I’m not reading stuff into things that aren’t really there.

As a matter of interest, are all the refs biased against us? I’m sure a quick mooch round other clubs’ forums would reveal that the consensus is that all refs are biased against their team.

All refs make mistakes. Bent and corrupt? Nah, not having it. We “escaped” quite a few decisions last year. Without looking I can pretty much guarantee what the lower level clubs’ fans’ think of refs at Anfield.

4 Likes

Can you remind me of the “quite a few” decisions we escaped last year?

1 Like

I’m sure there’s a thread for this stuff

1 Like

Yeah, the decisions we ‘escape’ are usually when opposing forwards are correctly called off side…

2 Likes

If you haven’t read Paul Tompkin’s article on how our matches are refereed in comparison to other teams then I’d recommend you do.

2 Likes

Bournemouth team news by WhoScored:

• Andoni Iraola has a total of seven absentees for the trip to Merseyside. With Lewis Cook, Dango Outtara, Marcus Tavernier, Ryan Fredericks, Alex Scott all out.
  • Lloyd Kelly and Adam Smith could return but are doubtful as they are both currently being assessed.
1 Like

What did we escape with?
Seriously…
Few decisions in games we had already won, with no real consequence?

Without looking, you can guarantee?

Your level of research on this is laughable.

1 Like

Yes but, it all evens out over the season, Blue Moon, Red Cafe think refs are biased against them, Liverpool got decisions in their favour etc etc…

Tomkins article has data that should shock anyone craving fairness…

The stats on Mo Salah alone are criminal.

1 Like

5 Likes

Matip will probably look even more sleepy than he usually does.

Evidently that’s the reason according to some why Fabinho was so slow

He was poor even before it arrived.