Pre and In Match Thread. Porto vs Liverpool. ECL Group B. Tuesday 28th Sep 20:00 hrs

Nah; he’s been ordered to stay at Kirkby and practise his free kicks until the Manchester City game.

5 Likes

Pls don’t be ill or injured…

1 Like

I thought this game was tomorrow. Would’ve suited me better. Might ask them to move it.

4 Likes

So did I! Just as well I checked this thread. It’s on DAZN again in Germany.

2 Likes

Very bad news about Trent. I guess that means Millie at RB. Not sure if Neco is CL level.

1 Like

Gomez could be an option as well. Midfield is already thin, so Milly might be a better option to utilise there.

Expecting Naby back in MF

Really looking forward to this one, been working all weekend so night off tonight and late start tomorrow. Salah brace and top of the group, magic.

2 Likes

Might still need some rotation for the likes of Hendo and Jones. Let’s see. If Trent could be back by weekend it won’t be much issue. Else Milly would be my first choice at RB against City, in which case would prefer him not getting entire 90.

Thankfully we have 5 subs. Best case would be to put out the strongest possible 11 and get the game done and dusted by 60. But we know the chances of that happening. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’m guessing that he wasn’t properly recovered from whatever kept him out of the Palace game. I’d agree about going with Millie. Neco is only just back in the squad. I’m sure he could do a job but his fitness won’t be 100%.

2 Likes

Neco is just back, question over his fitness. I’m pretty sure it will be Millie at RB and then hopefully Trent is back for City.

2 Likes

Ali
Millie Joël Vïrg Tsimikas
Hendo Fab Keïta
Salah Jota Mané

1 Like

I know it’s funny, but if you’ve ever kicked the ground in football, it really really hurts.

2 Likes

Think there might be more changes than anticipated and a few players sharing the minutes in order to keep them relatively fresh for City.

Alisson
Gomez Konate VVD Kostas
Milner Fab Jones
Salah Origi Jota

Reckon Fabinho, Salah and Jota get 60 minutes or so and Hendo, Mane and Bobby get the rest. If Naby is fit enough to do about the same then probably more likely he plays in midfield with Milner RB and then it’s a choice between Gomez/Konate.

Did Nico or Bradley travel with the squad out of interest?

Atletico could not beat them and they play at home, I’ll take a scrappy 0-1.

3 Likes

I think that might be the case

I didn’t watch the match, but I suspect they didn’t go for the game in the same way that other clubs, including ourselves, would. Simeone always seems to set up to ensure they don’t concede first, and then use their attacking wealth to score a goal, and more than happy to shut up shop in the sense that they seem to play very safe.

The tactics by Porto are likely to be different too tonight - at home I’d expect them to attack as more than they would in an away fixture. We are best when a team tries to attack us so hopefully that’s the case tonight.

Porto have been tanked by us at their own ground a couple of times in recent seasons. Klopp said previous results mean nothing (correct), but I suspect they will to the Porto team.

Looking forward to the match tonight

1 Like

There is a difference between CL level and Porto’s level.

1 Like

Depends on Necos match fitness IMO. 5 subs would allow us to take a small risk to start him.

1 Like

Yes let’s hope he’s just not fully recovered from his illness and it’s not a new injury

1 Like