Pre- and In-Match | Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool | PL Match Day 18 | Sunday 19th December 16:30h | Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

Did the squad travel last night or would this morning be enough?

Rambler, you are truly the voice of reason. You must be the most even tempered logical thinking man ever.

Hendo on the matchday poster could indicate he is available for selection today. That would be great.

Is there even a time limit like when it’s too late to postpone a game?

Hopefully goes ahead.

To be honest, I’m far more concerned about fans travelling to London and travelling round on public transport. It’s like wildfire down there.

6 Likes

Sadly I will only get to see the first half as I then have to get to the airport to catch a plane to the U.K. Hope we have it sown up by half time, it will make the journey to be more relaxing. :slight_smile:
Hope you all enjoy the game and have a safe and happy Christmas.

4 Likes

Yeah, so far the talk about postponing has focused mainly on the players, but I still maintain it’s irresponsible to not consider the mixing of fans.

1 Like

Totally idiotic to allow this game to go ahead with this game in a full house imo, considering what goes on at London right now… It’s like directly and consciously allowing the new variant to be transferred to Liverpool when the fans travel back home later tonight… a real face-palm moment from the authorities once again…

But whatever… hopefully we’ll have a strong enough squad to beat Tottenham, not too many are missing and we can take the three points, fingers crossed!

8 Likes

Anything confirmed on who all are absolutely out? And for them as well?

Presuming VVD is one for us. Hoping to see Thiago + Keita midfield with the third one whoever is fit.

The varient is already nationwide.

1 Like

Spurs might be hoping we get too many cases and try and call it off first. Calling our bluff. Forgetting that we could beat them with our 2nd XI. As soon as our coach arrives I reckon they’ll be desperately trying to get it postponed…

3 Likes

Morton Ox and Keita in midfield.
Thiago and Hendo Covid +
Salah Jota and Mane up front

Rumours

New rumour
Thiago and Hendo Covid-

I would not even call that a conspiracy. Just part of the logic that the PL is using, but won’t be transparent about. As far as I can tell, Chelsea has at least as strong a case for postponement today as Spurs did for Thursday. It is funny, because Chelsea, but it is not right.

I was using conspiracy tongue in cheek, but I agree with you.

Have you seen Chelsea’s team, but rich saying they are struggling for numbers!

1 Like

They are a deep team - in absolute numbers, they are down more players than Spurs were Thursday.

2 Likes

They only have 35 out on loan bless them

Is this match still on with a crowd? I heard something on the radio about the London Mayor introducing restrictions.

1 Like

So does Ox, Naby or Milner start today with Thiago and Henderson? Bobby has a great record against the spurs so he might take Jota place.

Ndombele v Keita.

Battle of flops.

:joy: