Pre- and In-Match | Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool | PL Match Day 18 | Sunday 19th December 16:30h | Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

Adam Devine Hbo GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

1 Like

Morton, Milner and Keita in midfield. We’ve lost practically the spine of the team.

2 Likes

Crowd allowed.
A lot of spurs fans I know we’re trying to sell their tickets for this as they don’t want covid before Xmas.

1 Like

I find it absolutely astonishing that any PL game has been called off due to covid when it appears the PL tell you to get on with it if you can field a team.
What team in the league can’t name 11 fucking players plus a few subs?
Finding it hard to give a fuck about today now, all integrity has gone if it were ever there to begin with, it’s an absolute shambles.

1 Like

I think Quicksand nailed it, the PL is making sure the full slate of ‘premium’ games goes ahead this weekend, even though several teams are harder hit than prior postponements. Likely waiting for the government to step in with a ban to allow some force majeure clause to become relevant.

4 Likes

Is that confirmed ?

In 15 minutes.

1 Like

Makes it even more obvious our African stars shouldn’t be playing in the AFCON

1 Like

I don’t understand why some games are postponed and others are played, when teams like Liverpool also have players who’ve tested positive. Why is the Everton game off today? Presumably because of Covid. If we lose today, which is very likely now, it’s an error of judgment not requesting a postponement.

1 Like

Thiago tested positive apparently and Henderson is Ill. Not sure how true.

Not officially, that will be in about 10 minutes.

Thiago Alcantara will miss this afternoon’s Premier League fixture with Tottenham Hotspur after registering a suspected positive test for COVID-19.

Jordan Henderson is also absent because of illness, but has registered a negative test for COVID-19.

3 Likes

AFCON during the current circumstances is madness. But the African federations are chronically terrible about giving a damn about player welfare, they get basically free labour to produce revenue for the national association.

2 Likes

Didn’t he have it already?

He was out with Covid last season

Omicron has a significant re-infection rate. Thiago will likely be fine as a result, but would be contagious.

Hopefully they are the only 2 missing from the other night because I haven’t seen the Ox named in any rumoured teams.

1 Like

Fabinho is the most vulnerable with his skin & bones stature.

:joy:

Morton and Milner!

6 Likes

Perfect, Spurs are not really a battle and win the ball in midfield type team.

Need Naby to break down the 8-10 behind the ball.

2 Likes