Pre/In-Match | Crystal Palace vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 7 | Saturday October 5th 12:30h

That was my go-to spot. Such a blast. People drive quite a ways to get there. When my wife fell ill, I started staying home to watch with her. And I’ve been lazy and have not ventured back yet.

If you ever make it out though, you can buy me a breakfast there while I sing.

2 Likes

That’s a date. Unfortunately, since wifey and I have retired, she no longer travels to the Bay Area once a month. Got a daughter in LA now though, so there’s always hope!

2 Likes

I’ll meet you for the Shohei Mookie show any time!

Do you know Dylan Lally? Scouse born chef who lived in the area for many years. Met him and his wife Linda in Michigan a few years back, and we’ve kept in touch online. They’ve retired to Florida now…got to see them in Columbia for another Man U beat down a couple months ago.

2 Likes

I do not but if he can fire up a Scouse pie, I’d be up for meeting you both the next time Mo scores against the Mancs.

1 Like

4 Likes

Howling! I am growing quite fond of you. Acquired taste.

Three points please you red men, to go into the break on top. Tougher tests to come after that.

It’s a bit strange that Slot doesn’t rotate very much. It might change or perhaps his approach enables the players to go for longer? Something to watch.

Palace have started slowly but they do have some quality, so we need to turn up and do our job. We have given up a few too many chances and a bit too much control, so I’d like to see that corrected tomorrow.

A very controlled, ‘boring’ 3-0 win will do me!

Salah
Trent free kick
Nunez from the bench

1 Like

He’s a follically elitist shit!!!

5 Likes

It’s when you take a closer look at those 28 games that you see the absolute fucking absurdity involved. One club being put at a disadvantage on a regular basis and thereby, imo, calling the integrity of the whole competition into question.
And for what? Because our last manager made no secret of the fact he hated the early 12.30 KO on a Saturday? There’s no other explanation for why we get them on such a regular basis while nobody else gets anywhere near as many.

Tomorrow will be the 20th away game out of the 28.
8 of the 28 games have followed an international break.
Only 6 of those games have been played when we haven’t had a midweek game beforehand.
9 of those games have been played when we played on the Wednesday night before.
All 9 of those Wednesday night games were away from home.

Just another way we are being cheated and it’s all there as clear as day, just like the stats that show certain referees fuck us over as a matter of routine.

2 Likes

Popularity. In high demand with fans across the globe so tv companies want us?

5 Likes

There’s no question we’re popular. But so are Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, City.
12.30 in the UK wont suit every overseas fan, in fact in many parts of the world it would make it more inconvenient to watch, so why not mix it up and give us more of the late KO’s of a Saturday?

2 Likes

Don’t expect a walk in the park, but if the real Liverpool show up it should be quite comfortable,says he, with everything crossed!

2 Likes

More suitable to the Asian overseas fans.

1 Like

Indeed :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Can’t get enough, of that 12:30 stuff.

3 Likes

1 Like

Thanks for the additional breakdown of the 28 early kick offs.

@redfanman
I have seen the popularity argument before, and frankly that doesn’t wash. TV rights, important as that is for packaging the “product” don’t outweigh the need for equity and fairness in competition.

I could half agree to the TV argument, if the other stats noted by @jaffod weren’t so skewed. And, if the Sunday slots weren’t as popular as Saturdays.

So, for clarity.
The reason Liverpool play some many early Saturday matches has nothing to do with TV.

It is 100% bias by the league to hamper any chances we have of mounting a challenge. Or, at the very least to hand advantage to a club currently under investigation.

1 Like

Is that a Michael Owen quote? :wink:

1 Like

I’d like to see a fairly refreshed team. Diaz has come back down to earth in his last couple of matches, so it’s time to start Gapko. Maybe give Jones the start in Gravenberch’s place, who’s played a lot. Wouldn’t mind seeing Quansah either.

Regardless of who plays, it’d be nice to see us exert more control and give up fewer chances. Palace won’t roll over for us, we need to be ready for a fight.

2 Likes

Anyway…

I expect the only discussion will be Jota or Nunez up front?

Someone suggested Jota at 10, with Szoboszlai benched, but I think Gakpo is more likely to play there from the forwards available.

I reckon Dom plays…
Or Curtis steps in beside Gravenberch and MacAllister moves slightly more forward.

These are interesting and really good options.

My only real concern at the moment is Trent. Playing him is neccessary, on two counts. He is of course a brilliant player, but sometimes even the best are human.
He needs to play because anything else is a signal that we can live without him.
I think his head is turned a bit to be honest. Not sure why I think that, but of the three contract negotiations, his is the one I am least confident about.

2 Likes