Pre Match | Aston Villa vs. Liverpool | PL Matchday 4 | Sunday October 4th 19:15h | Villa Park

Jota in for Mane, though Salah to left and Minamino in is an option as well.

1 Like

Ending to last season.

2 Likes

A journo asking Dean Smith about Barkley; “how big a signing is it? An England regular…”.

England regular, dear me. :joy:

2 Likes

Prepare yourselves everyone, I’m hearing rumours about Salah testing positive now. This is going to spread through the squad.

2 Likes

Exactly what I’ve written in the Everton thread a few minutes ago.

2 Likes

Why would he post something like that on Facebook if true about him being positive.

Let’s hope it is only rumours then

2 Likes

He just been on insta.

1 Like

Hopefully he is ok… Think it’s only a rumour… If 1 player tests positive it could be accidental but if it gets to 2 at the same time it’s a concern. Read in twitter that

Exclusive for https://t.co/TNIOTgcx02: Mohamed Salah does NOT have COVID-19 https://t.co/vWtIirHUCR

Hopefully it’s true. Couldn’t understand much as its in Arabic I guess but the headline helps.

1 Like

I rate Villa highly. I don’t see them taking points off us, but they will bother Leicester Chelsea and City. Leeds-like in a way.

4 Likes

DJ in for Sadio and fingers crossed everyone else is available.

Villa have the extra man today with Atkinson being the referee.

Salah rumours seem to stem from some gobshites on Blue Moon, for what it’s worth.

They’d be the first to know like.

1 Like

We are winning this… Feel very confident… I also have a feeling, for a change Atkinson will award us a penalty…

2 Likes

It wisely decided to steer clear of Fab and VVD. Complete pussy.

1 Like

This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It’s an absolutely must win game.

Tonight our gallant Redmen visit that fetid cesspit, villa park, home to the equally maliferous villans and their most recent recruit, ross “midden mouth” berkley. He’s the sort of player that a discriminating alley cat would pass[sic] over with a disdainful jerk of the head.

To make matters worse, we have been lumbered with PGMOL’s very own bantling boy, fergie’s love child, martin “I hate scousers” (tw)atkinson as the “man” in the middle; to compound the felony, jon “now you know who ate all the pies” moss is on VAR.

So we’re going to be playing 13 men, and not the usual 12.

Having observed our numerical disadvantage, Boudica included rites of alveromancy somatomancy, tephramancy, onymancy, necyomancy, videomancy, idromancy, letnomancy, lychnomancy, & austromancy in her pre-match ritual.

To the casual observer, the Mem might have been mistaken for a touchy tribal god who, dissatisfied with the day’s human sacrifice, is preparing to say it with thunderbolts.

The judicious casual observer, would not appraise Boudica of his opinion of her appearance…

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and when a scorned Mem starts talking, she likes to take plenty of time. She does not want to have to be watching the clock all the while.

Stress was laid in an earlier narrative, that the conscientious historian, when recording any given series of events, is not at liberty to wander off down byways, however attractive, but is compelled to keep plodding steadily along the dusty high road of his story; and this must now be emphasized again to explain why the chronicler does not at this point diverge from his task to give a word for word transcript of Boudica’s speech. Time and space do not permit. (Fortunately the loss to Literature is not irreparable; a full report is to be found in the Culcheth, Glazebury and Lowton Argus, incorporating the Ferret Fanciers’ Intelligencer and Pigeon Breeders Gazette, which is in every home.)

Returning to the match, it will be a tough ask, especially as we are missing Sadio (get well soon lah). Lawro, in his wisdom, has up-cycled his tactic of predicting a two nil win to us. When will he learn that his cunning ruse to undermine us was tumbled last season?

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death won’t throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :roll_eyes:

I’ll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :astonished:

10 Likes

No Thiago, Mané and Becker tonight who picket up a injury in training tonight :roll_eyes:

Lots of rumours no A Becker.