Pre Match | Everton vs. Liverpool | PL Matchday 5 | Saturday October 17th 12:30h | Goodison Park

Oh, aren’t you a cynical git! Oops sorry, I thought you are someone else :smiley: .

2 Likes

That’s good, one of the few refs I like.

As @Mascot said he is fit, so able to keep up with play and his decisions are mostly fair for both teams. Definitely the best of a bad bunch.

I would like to nominate that Jon Moss goes on Ant Middletons SAS, who dares wins programme!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

-----------Adrian/Milner-----------
Trent—Fabinho—VVD—Robbo(don’t back pass to Adrian)
—Hendo—Thiago—Wijnaldum
----Salah-----Mane-----Jota

3 Likes

Depending on fitness, if Thiago and Hendo are available to go, then I’d like to see us try the 4-2-3-1:

——————————-Adrian—————————-
Trent————Gomez————-VVD————Robbo
——————-Hendo————-Thiago——————
——Mane————-Bobby/Taki———-Jota————
————————-——Salah——————————

Both Firmino and Fabinho are expected to be late arrivals back, and lots have called for Bobby to be dropped, but I can’t imagine Jurgen sitting him unless he comes back from the break w/ a positive Covid test.

Likewise, I can’t see Hendo on the bench unless he’s judged not ready to play at least 60 minutes. Think the lack of his “yelling” (read: leadership) on the pitch was a part of why we had the capitulation against Villa.

I think the 4-2-3-1 could help w/ our defensive solidity, having a double pivot in front of the back line, and also all of Mane, Bobby, and Jota are excellent pressers.

2 Likes

That’s really wierd seeing Mané lined up on the right (he plays on the left now).
Also that’s a lot of protection for Gomez and Trent and very little for Robbo (I don’t worry about VVD he’s either awake or asleep).
It’s flexible I’d stick with a ‘starting’ line up of 433 reverting to 4231 when defending. Jota gets left out unfortuneately.

In a way, if we ease through this, it could prove more disheartening for our rivals than if we’d not been embarrassed by Villa.

They have been waiting a long time to see cracks emerge. Slap the piss out of the in-form, title cert blueshites and it’s business as usual.

Soz, lads. No burnout, no cracks, no crisis here. Now back in your corners.

5 Likes

Good to see Mane, Thiago and Matip all training today.

6 Likes

It’s Tuesday, so Joel will possibly get injured by Friday. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

But ok by Saturday. :syringe:

:fire: :fire: :fire:

4 Likes

Thiago, Salah and Mané, that is a (football)sight for sore eyes in those grim times. Stay safe everybody and let’s enjoy the fact that we such great footballers in our squad.

7 Likes

I was wrong Again :thinking: Thought Frimino is playing the coming night but the Brazil match was about 7 hours ago so he is well back on his way to Liverpool. He is back in my line up. :smile:

2 Likes

And it’s reported that DCL will out score Salah in the derby…the doubters and disbelievers have crawled out of their pits…

3 Likes

To be fair, if Everton score two, they will both be from DCL. Salah will get one, but then Mane, Jota, Bobby will bag a brace each, Trent and Thiago will score one each too. So that’s what, 9-2 to us :fire_extinguisher:

8 Likes

And an obligatory Origi goal in injury time. 10 is not asking much to be honest.

3 Likes

No Pickford own goal?

1 Like

I’m just glad there’s no risk of covid with Pickford,he can’t catch a fucking thing.

16 Likes