Pre Match | Everton vs. Liverpool | PL Matchday 5 | Saturday October 17th 12:30h | Goodison Park

The headline they hear is much worse;

Thaigo, Mane and Matip all expected to be fit for Everton v Liverpool

2 Likes

This international break is taking forever :weary:

Trent, Joe and Jordan on bench for :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿.

Jota starts for :portugal:

Wijnaldum and VvD for :netherlands:

Neco and Harry start for :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Robertson not in the squad for :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 (why is that?)

2 Likes

He is suspended. For kicking the ball away :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Jota is on fire, while Bobby needs a rest.

Maybe Matip Or Fab for Joe.
Thiago for Keita.
Hendo for Fab.

Everton last beat Liverpool in the Merseyside derby exactly 10 years to the day of this weekends match.
October 17, 2010
It was the same week that Fenway Sports Group took the reigns at the club.
LFC team that lost that day:
Reina, Konchesky, Kyrgiakos, Carragher, Skrtel, Meireles, Lucas, Gerrard, Cole, Maxi Rodriguez, Torres
Subs used:
Babel, Jovanovic, Ngog

Looking at that team above yuck. It’s definitely going to be a tough match. Looking to be a cracking match.

The thing about that team is that on paper the spine - Reina, Carra, Gerrard, Torres - is more than decent. It’s just that it was knackered. Reina was a shadow of his former self. Carra was only a couple of seasons from retirement, Gerrard’s best seasons were behind him, and Torres was fucked.

2 Likes

With Reina it was more of a mental thing, he improved after he left. Him and Gerrard are the only players in that list who’d make our current match day squad.

Yeah, he got his form back. He also got rid of a lot of ‘timber’ as well. The two could be linked?

Interesting theory, you could be onto something :wink:. I actually can’t remember whether he was particularly overweight or not but as a symptom of his general unhappiness I wouldn’t be surprised.

From memory he was beaten too often low down and at the near post suggesting his positioning was off and that he was not as quick as he should be to react and get down to shots below knee height. Certainly carrying extra timber would have inhibited his speed in saving shots low down.

1 Like

Is the presser with Klopp today?

I have been saying that I have been really enjoying Everton’s success, that I would like them to be a bit high up the table and a decent team for rivalry purposes. However, I did not expect the Aston Villa game (who did ?) and while I wanted this to be a really good game, I am actually slightly worried.

We can and should beat them. It really is the perfect moment to give them a reminder as to who the dominant force in Liverpool is. To reestablish dominance. So really, a big victory would be kind of nice to put down any strange notions in the heads of Everton fans. However, I will take anything as long as it is 3 points obviously.

Funny mix by then - still some all time greats, a fair few journeymen and a couple of crap hands of Scrabble.

1 Like

Love the sarcasm,hopefully the jinx works mate.

10 Likes

Mina is a doubt for Everton so that means Godfrey might have get his debut here.

Poor guy. Having to make his debut against a Liverpool team still smarting from its last defeat; I almost feel sorry for him.

Almost.

1 Like
1 Like

I think the blue shite have had their bit of fame for the season.

Back to business for the reds. Hope they watched the villa game a few times. Jurgen will get them to channel their anger and take it out on the bitters.

3-2 to red men. Topsy turvy game unfortunately but 3 points bagged.

7 Likes

This everton game is the one fixture ive been dreading this season when they intially announced the schedule. I hope the lads will be up and fired up for this one, but Ancellotti and his lot will be filled with confidence and vigor.

If we let them score first this time around, im concerned for our confidence in the game especially after Villa. We cant drop our intensity in this game, we have to go at their throats and keep hitting them till they fall down.

Question is will Matip, Thiago and Mane make their return and start for this game?

1 Like