Pre Match - Ipswich Vs Liverpool (PL 17/8/24) 12:30pm

suspicious fry

3 Likes

2 Likes

In pre-season a lot of what looks likely rustiness is often heavy legs from the training load. For the players who reported back later they will typically not be quite adapted to the workload and go into the games a bit more under recovered. Another week in the legs and, critically, a proper taper in the training towards the end of the week that they typically dont have in pre season, and he should be good to start.

2 Likes

Alisson
Trent Quansah Van Dijk Robbo
Gravenberch Mac Allister
Szoboszlai
Salah Jota Diaz

No room for Konate, Bradley, Gomez, Kostas, Jones, Endo, Elliot, Bajcetic, Darwin, or Gakpo.

What a fucking squad we have!

6 Likes

Don’t forget Trey!!

Looks like they’re saving Tierney, Kavanagh, Taylor and Coote for the Utd match in 2 weeks.

Will be an interesting watch. There are a number of lads in everyone’s predicted line-up’s who need to pull their fingers out their arses and perform a lot better than they did for large parts of last season.

3 Likes

I don’t recall Tim Robinson. It looks like we had him 3 times last season. The fact that I don’t remember him probably indicates that he did a decent job.

3 Likes

I’d be surprised by VDK. And Diaz, considering they are just back to training when we have United in 3 games. Gakpo has been doing well in the club friendlies.
Hey may choose a semiconductor string team while others bed in.

But he hates us! He’s from Greater Manchester and all his friends are Evertonians. He’s been paid off by the sheikhs and is in Putin’s pocket.
His front doormat has a picture of Jürgen on it so he can wipe his feet on our hero.
He’s never given us so much as a throw in and he fixes the toss up so we have to play uphill both halves.

7 Likes

Be surprised if those that didn’t start the first game on Sunday don’t start this.

You’re expecting Phillips?

Gakpo only played 1 friendly and was poor?

HaHa - 72hrs to go… but who is counting :0)

1 Like

Definitely not you.

1 Like

I mean the first game.

The team for the Sevilla match seemed pretty much set on being his team for the first game. Robertson perhaps but I think Slot will bring him on instead of starting due to the injury.

I thought that must be what you meant, but was befuddled by the double negative :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I do that often it’s an odd trait I picked up.

Is there a presser today or is it tomorrow or did I miss it already?

Will be interesting how it goes in terms of the back and forth with the press and if there are any clues as to the team set up, transfers and the general mood.

1 Like