Pre Match - Ipswich Vs Liverpool (PL 17/8/24) 12:30pm

Arne strikes me as the type who doesn’t suffer fools gladly.

I’m sure he’ll have a laugh and a joke but his overall demeanour appears to be pretty serious.

5 Likes

Press conference @ 9.30am Friday 16th Aug

1 Like

Smash them. They’re…

Nah. Storing that.

4 Likes

Can’t wait for the proper footy to begin again.

I expect Ipswich to put up a good fight, but hopefully only for half the game. They have waited a generation to get back to the Prem, so they will be well up for it and their fans will roar them on, especially as Liverpool are coming to town. These are the days every football fan wants to see, so well done to them for successive promotions and getting back to the big time. They also have a bright young manager, so hopefully they do enough to stay up. My memory just about goes back to Osman, Wark and co. when they had a smashing side.

On our end I think the name of the game will be to get enough points on the board in the early part of the season, to stay competitive at the top, while the players get up to speed with Slot and the new system. I expect us to get stronger as we go.

As for this game, I expect to get a scare or two, hopefully first half, and then increase our authority as the game wears on, hopefully to win by a couple.

The team is anyone’s guess, but I would go with:

Alisson
Bradley Quansah VVD Robbo
Gravenberch Mac Allister
Szoboszlai
Salah Jota Diaz

The bench will be frightening, and there will be a few players desperate to get on to make their mark.

3-1 Liverpool.

Salah
Nunez from the bench
VVD header

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
my much needed summerbrake is over, so here I am again. I’m eager to watch Arne’s version of Liverpool FC.
Normally I’d go for a 4-1 win. Woudn’t be surprised if the result is a draw.:slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

And now we have to contend with…Ed Sheeran…

2 Likes

They’ll be none of that attitude here thanks.

My bad habits lead to you.

Don’t know the full story, but it sounds like Sheeran is an Ipswich fan and has put some of his money into the club and sponsored them and so on. It’s a bit like a current version of Elton John and Watford, is that about right?

If so, good for him. I don’t mind that, at all. It’s an upgrade on the other East Anglian ‘celebrity’ owner.

2 Likes

I think it’s just…he doesn’t float my boat…music wise…

2 Likes
2 Likes

I haven’t heard much of his music because what I did hear was bollocks.

8 Likes

Yep I’m sold on that 11.

Jota deserves a start over Darwin (whatever happened to that Copa chaos fallout….) and who knows with TAA readiness. Elliot a possibility but that 11 is strong. No excuses but I think it will be a tight win. So will go with a rusty 1-0.

Have enjoyed the break if im honest.

Now we have 10 months of

6 Likes

Everything about him actually makes me feel sorry for young people today.

1 Like

I trust Slot and his coaching team to know who is fit and ready and to pick a team accordingly

I think his music is absolutely shite, but he seems like a nice lad, and his legal challenge to the plagiarism claim he faced was genuinely brilliant for music.

5 Likes

Placeholder for the presser 09:30 today:

1 Like

Press questions will be

Are you signing anyone x 20

7 Likes

I have really enjoyed the break from the stress of watching us. It has come round again too quick but hey ho.

Top 4 and a good run in the CL will be a very acceptable first season for the new regime.

7 Likes

I make that a minute 42 seconds late, it’s not good enough Arne.#Slotout

Oh well wouldn’t you know what the first question is all about…