Pre-match: Leeds v Liverpool, Monday 17th April, 20:00

Watching the press conference now and :rofl: :rofl: at every comment that appeared in the live chat.

Seems even the slight knocks and illnesses are fine.

Ali? Ibou?

Yup from Klopp’s comments on the official website type up.

Ali
Joe Ibou Virg Robbo
Trent Hendo Thiago
Mo Darwin Lucho

1 Like

Only 9 points to Europa—-this can be done!

(Eternal optimism on alert)

It’s really not worth the hassle.

1 Like

Got fuck all else to do now. Unless the MLS is of any interest. :smile:

This post encapsulates all that is wrong with modern football fans: they’re entitled wankers.

8 Likes

Fucking entitled, whining bellends. Honestly.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Yes perhaps, but can you really have a go at those who truly believe we can no longer compete at the top under these owners? I think every football fan let alone Liverpool fan can agree that’s where this club belongs to be and anything less is accepting failure.

Perhaps the word entitled just gets thrown about too easily, don’t know about you but I didn’t really enjoy the 5 years we had under Roy and Rodgers and would rather not go back.

Yes I can because you are cross at the wrong thing.

Instead of demanding owners who throw more and more money at the idea of competing maybe you should be asking why a club the size and stature of Liverpool cannot compete at the top end of the market.

Instead of kicking off that we can’t afford Jude Bellingham, maybe you should think about what the fuck has happened to the game that leads to any player costing circa £150m and being put of reach to any club not funded by an oil state.

We should be able to run sustainably. We shouldn’t need Henry to fund transfers out of his personal wealth or load debt onto the club to compete at the top end of the market.

The game is utterly fucking broken. And fans are, as usual, too thick and tribal to actually identify the real problem.

6 Likes

The real problem goes way beyond football. The real problem is the neoliberal, so-called “free market” (even though it’s anything but) agenda.

6 Likes

I agree. However,

The problem can be solved.
Very quickly and very easily.

City need to be stripped of all titles since the takeover
They need to be relegated X 3 divisions.
They need to be forced to sell players immediately, in order to make them regulation compliant.
All potential owners should have rigorous due diligence and a bedding in period of restricted investment.

All clubs should be audited annually, and properly

2 Likes

The likes of PSG, City and Chelsea live on their own little fairyland world…if they’re prepared to pay 100m or thereabouts for the next superstar then so be it, it shouldn’t stop us from acting
smart and getting the players we need for the right price.

We are top 2 in the country for revenue over the last 3-4 years so how is it the likes of West Ham Arsenal Everton and Villa can outspend us in that period?

You really must have me confused with someone else, I knew all along we couldn’t afford 100m+ on a single player because now we’ve left it to the point where we need quantity as well as quality. I’m glad the club have finally come to their senses and seen the bigger picture. There is more to life than Bellingham. Attributing to any player costing 150m now just because of the Bellingham situation is laughable, the guy was always valued between 100-130m.

If we can spend 120-150m this summer getting in 3 midfielders like Barella Kokcu and Ugarte/Kone/Kudus etc whilst balancing the books a little so our net spend comes to 70-80m I’ll be very happy.

1 Like

Technically that should work but…

1 Like

No, it’s not. For me at least. I don’t accept the “if you’re not first, you’re last” mentality.

1 Like

We’ve been one of the best sides in Europe for the last 5 years under the same owners. Spending hundreds of millions each year is not a requisite. How many times does it have to be said before it sinks in?

We haven’t fallen that far off. With the right moves, we’ll be competing again sooner rather than later.

6 Likes

& in those 5 years we’ve counted heavily on Klopp + the recruitment team to ensure almost every signing turned out to be near enough perfect for us. We’ve also relied heavily on bringing huge money in from player sales which went directly towards new players.

I’d argue going from finishing on 92 points to say 62 points is a huge fall off.

Will people be so optimistic come 3 years down the line if and when Klopp calls it time & we’re still not back in the mix where we should be?