Pre-match: Leeds v Liverpool, Monday 17th April, 20:00

I’m more concerned with us getting a high class sporting director in post rather than us having a ‘war chest’ to spend.

Our recruitment has been incoherent at best. I don’t want Klopp and Ljinders signing players they like, we need somebody above them to put a proper plan in place.

Until we get that sorted I don’t hold much hope that our recruitment will be the envy of the league again.

3 Likes

That’s a very important question, yeah.

It’s a tricky time, as we have the sporting director and a few other members leaving, just when we had a poor season and we need to get a few good deals in. Plus, that guy has only been in that role a short time.

Surely there are things in place for something good to happen this summer, but will be interesting to see when do we really appoint that new sporting director.

It might happen for him only to take certain part in this summer’s work, but then focus more on the near future after this summer.

2 Likes

If we still aren’t in the mix until Klopp leaves/retires, we will have bigger problems to deal with than the owners.

Klopp has always had the last call on transfers, it has always been up to him to choose the right plan. For whatever reason, things got sidetracked something which started when Edwards was still very much in the picture.

I Hope Please GIF

1 Like

This looks like a tricky match. Elland Road is a hostile place with passionate fanbase. I will keep my fingers crossed and pray for no missed penalties, no on the pitch drama or injuries and 3 points.

1 Like

Do think we can win this, after the second half against Arsenal,continue that and it is a given.
Always believed if a game is worth playing it is worth trying(al least) to win…
3-0 the Reds.

Do you remember what happened at Bournemouth after the 2nd half against Utd?

We hadn’t been 2-0 down in that one though.

It’s actually chalk and cheese if I’m honest, where we almost gave up after Bournemouth scored and completely gave up when Salah missed his pen.

Arsenal we didn’t. We woke up when they scored the second and continue to pelt their goal even when Salah missed.

If we turn up we will win, I have no doubt. But I don’t think Bournemouth has much resonance.

Leeds collapsed 5-1 after being 1-0. Whats that mean for them?

We may well draw or lose if we don’t turn up. But let’s see what happens, if you don’t want to watch then that’s your choice.

1 Like

Genuinely think Jones being in midfield has really helped. He’s so energetic in there that we finally have something of a press, and he’s calm on the ball so he actually retains possession rather than treating it like a hot potato which allows the defence that little bit more time to reset and get positioned.

Really hope can stay fit for the next 9 games - this is essentially his audition to say he deserves to be more than a squad player next season.

5 Likes

I think he said recently that he is on a strict rest programme to help him through these injury niggles. More than one game a week might be problematic for him at this point.

And based on things I’ve seen quoted he’s said lately, he is VERY confident. Hope it translates to consistent good form.

To coin a phrase that used to be popular on here

“smash them they’re shit”

Ahh those were the days :grinning:

2 Likes

Sadly that hasn’t worked for 2-3 seasons, since @PeachesEnRegalia stopped posting as often as he used to.

I think the current theory would be more along the lines of “Smash us, we’re shit!”

2 Likes

Nah, it worked pretty good last season too. I think it’s something to do with accumulated exhaustion. Should have got a proper backup. FSGOUT.

Is the season still going?

Fuck. Thought it’d be over by now…

7 Likes

Unless we are particularly worried about Europa League qualification it’s all about finding “some” form with the players that we have and working out which gaps we need to fill.

TBH I’m rather looking forward to some low-stakes competitive games for a change.

1 Like

We have to finish 5th or 6th for that and overtake Villa and Brighton :see_no_evil:

Yes. Hoping to see some experimentation like more of Trent in midfield, Darwin as a CF with Diaz on the left etc.

2 Likes

Damn! Would never have even dreamt of this scenario. Feels like a kick in the nuts.

Got to the point now where I’m more focused on the performance than the results.

Would like to see Diaz & Thiago from the off…Nunez back playing centrally where he should be, Gomez at RB (yikes), Trent moved further up in Hendo’s position and Hendo moved into the 6 with Thiago featuring from the other side.